2022 & 2023 Repurposed Greeting Cards: Gift Tags

It’s become part of my taking-down-the-holiday-decorations tradition to sort the cards we’ve received into those that I can repurpose, those that get saved (mostly photo cards), and those that have reached end of life. I used a Fiskars punch and a few tag dies on the Sizzixd.

2022CardTags

In past years I have used some cards’ fronts as part of making bags, but the truth is that I have a hard time using these gift bags, because most of our gifts get shipped and wrapped boxes and cloth bags pack better together into shipping boxes than paper gift bags. I made myself use them this year, but still have a stash of them so did not make those this year. I also don’t need anymore stashed gift boxes at this time.

Rather than make a repetitive post, I decided to add my 2023 Tags to this one! My 123rd project for 2023!

2023CardTags01

15 Likes

How did I know this was your post? I love how you consistently manage to turn cards into something entirely new and different.

1 Like

Love that you repurpose the cards! They make very nice tags.

1 Like

Thanks, friends!

1 Like

I love this idea. My aunt always did this with her Xmas card stash. Yours are, of course, so profesh!

1 Like

What a great idea! I always feel bad having to get rid of Christmas cards, reusing them for something else is a nice way to deal with that.

Such a simple thing to do but a fab end product!

1 Like

Aww, thanks everyone!

1 Like

Cute idea!

1 Like

Aw, thanks!

1 Like

Rather than make a repetitive post, I decided to add my 2023 Tags to this one! My 123rd project for 2023!

2023CardTags01

6 Likes

I love this idea, and I hope it’s OK that I’m copying it this year :heart:

1 Like

Thanks! I hope you get a lot of cute tags made from your cards!

1 Like

That’s an excellent way to reuse cards! I have a few that it would be a shame to recycle… but I’m trying not to keep all the cards I receive. The handmade ones are kept and most often set out the following years.

1 Like

Thanks! I am way too sentimental to keep cards. I would’ve been hauling around boxes of them from house to house and across state lines.

1 Like

Yes, um, what a totally weird thing to do…:face_with_peeking_eye:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Not as weird as ALSO toting around all the ones you inherited from your (okay, MY) mom. (Although many of those are now worth something as collectibles on eBay.)

This year’s repurposed-card tags look great, Tara!

2 Likes

@irid3sc3nt I for sure toted some boxes of other ephemera around. I also moved 14 complete years of Martha Stewart Living Magazines at least once. So… not innocent!

@endymion Thanks! And, it’s not like I bought a big box of unused greeting cards from the 40s, multiples of many, to sell on Etsy or anything.

4 Likes

Ooo i like those three dark blue ones.

2 Likes

Brilliant idea! I’m going to steal this for next year!!!

1 Like