2023 DeStash-Along

Gorgeous! you do such lovely, neat work.

1 Like

Love the pattern on the cover (is that what it’s called?). Kind of like ferns or peacock feathers.

1 Like

I think it’s supposed to be stylized peacock feathers. It came in a pack of William Morris / Craftsman movement themed scrapbook paper and I had to put the pattern sideways because of the grain direction. But in the small size that just turns it into an interesting abstract.

4 Likes

That might make a cool wallpaper pattern for a small space, like a powder room.

2 Likes

Truly lovely!

1 Like

Destash with us in the prayer flag swap! It is the perfect way to use up those odds and ends.

6 Likes

Back to destashing tiny yarn balls, must make room for all the new yarn I got. So more gift bags…one with worsted scraps and one with fingering held double

12 Likes

These are fabulous! What a beautiful way to use those small bits!

2 Likes

You are to yarn scraps as @magpie is to fabric scraps! ha

Love how you blend all of these leftovers into beautiful things.

2 Likes

Thanks! I have a hard time throwing the tiny balls away knowing you can do fun colorwork with a lot of littles.

3 Likes

June

Imgur

Color: Rainbow
Pattern: Animal Prints
For: Good Friends
Challenge: Time to pull out a portable project and craft out in the great wide world! Maybe knit at a coffee shop, or sketch in the park. If your crafts aren’t as easily transportable, maybe you can work in your garden or balcony, or just open a window for a breeze.

6 Likes

June 10th is World Knit in Public Day! Our local knitting guild will be knitting in a public garden!

5 Likes

That sounds really fun. I should start bringing my knitting projects to work on at lunch in the office again.

2 Likes

Slightly changing subjects: I found a creative reuse store in town! My goal for this weekend is to gather up a box of supplies that I’m not using and take it down to them.

Edit: Box filled. Now to wait until Saturday… (and not second guess anything)

8 Likes

Finally finished this set of mug rugs that had been in my UFO pile for way too long.

It’s all stash. I inherited a box of quilt pieces and leftovers from an unfinished quilt years ago from my aunt, and I think some of it’s from that, and other bits from scraps of fabric and batting. I was going to go buy some binding, but then there was a piece of a matching beige polka dot that was just enough. It was good to use up some more of the very old fabric and turn it into something nice for a gift.

12 Likes

Those are adorable! (They also remind me that I have a similar project, half-done :person_facepalming:)

3 Likes

Two gift bags from stash

11 Likes

These are great! They look so complex and interesting. You do such a lovely job with the colour placement!

2 Likes

Thanks! :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow, those coasters! & followed shortly by wicked good knits. All from stash!

2 Likes