2023 DeStash-Along

100% stash St Paddy’s cards! WOO! I even alllllmost bought some green for the shamrocks, but put it back.

8 Likes

Amazing collection of knitwear!

2 Likes

I love the stare hat! :cat:

1 Like

Using up some Lilly sugar n creme cotton. Made up 6 wee baskets (2 sets of 3). The Christmas ones used up all the small balls I had wasting their potential in apothecary jars. I’ve decided they all need using up so whatever isn’t used up in the baskets was added to this ongoing scrappy dish cloth. It will probably end up an eyesore, but then I wont mind using it on especially adventurous pots and pans.

I’m planning an embellishment for the big cream-colored basket, probably a button or something.

11 Likes

Wonderful! I love the washcloth you sent me, it’s so squishy & stretchy & awesome. It’s in my studio because kids ruin things :roll_eyes:. I think we’ll take it to the camper to be with Jenn’s lovely dishcloths. Then I can use it while keeping it safe from the destructobots.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m not sure what use they’ll be put to, but they’re a little addicting to make so at least they were entertaining.

Edit to add:

I’m drinking coffee and pouring over my hard copy patterns and books looking for things to work up the in-house yarns. I’m starting to see the benefits of always starting with a pattern and THEN acquiring the yarns. Sometimes I love the pantry aspect of my stash, but more often than not I have a really hard time finding the right way to use something bought on a whim.

2 Likes

I’d been saving this piece of kitty flannel for years, and it turned put to be the perfect size for a rice bag. I somewhat manically cut it out when I was super frustrated with my old one not being big enough, so it could have ended badly, but it worked out. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Such cute fabric!

I received a rice bag in a swap years ago and it is one of my most loved and used items! My husband even commandeered it for his achy neck, so maybe I need to make one for him!

Glad it worked out for you with that special fabric!

1 Like

Knitpicks is taunting me with sales. I will be strong…was looking at my ravelry saved patterns to see if I could justify buying some yarn, but nothing really called to me, so I’ll sit tight…for now.

5 Likes

I’m having the same trial with hobbii emails. Stay strong, stashbuster!

4 Likes

The Email from WEBS got me. But, I was looking for a lace weight mohair or alpaca silk blend to carry with a rustic yarn for a cardigan that’s next on my to-do list…and they had the perfect color on sale. A little more yarn into stash to get a sweater quantity out. :person_shrugging:

Of course, two new projects landed in my lap yesterday, so I bought the supplies for those, too. But, it’s not for me, so it doesn’t count. :joy:

3 Likes

Destashed my xmas papers! Stuck on the sofa for most of the last week, so guess I’ll make xmas cards in March. :person_shrugging:

2023Xmas06

It also feels a bit destash-y as I used some dies I bought awhile ago, but hadn’t yet used. WOO!

15 Likes

So cute!

1 Like

Thanks!

2 Likes

All you yarn lovers, this gorgeous stick weaving video is for you!

3 Likes

I enjoyed that

2 Likes

Not technically destash–at least not yet–but I’m going through my fabric to pull out the stuff I have to admit I’ll never actually use. Mostly pieces 1/4 to 1 yard of quilt cotton. I’m having fun sorting and bundling bits that I like together, with the plan of selling it in pound lots on Etsy. I think there are about 20-25 pounds bundled off the shelves and into a box, which gave me room for the big bag of needlefelting supplies. That is on my sell list, too.

6 Likes

I’ve been reducing stash, a few crocheted baskets, a quilt mostly finished off from stash and I sewed up a bunch of HSTs and made scrappy blocks.

These will become a lap quilt or maybe two. They are just stuck on the wall in no particular design…pretty chaotic.

13 Likes

Lively and exciting!

2 Likes

My daughter is not feelin’ the crocheted foods anymore, sad day. I’m giving this set of toast with fried egg and bacon to a co-worker for his little girl. It’s so dang cute, if I do say so myself. The bread is 3 layers crocheted together so it’s nice and thick.

Ah well, happy to see them passed along to the next kid for play time funs, right? Can’t keep it, I’d need another house just to fit all the stuff we’ve made over the years, lol.

12 Likes