2nd hand cabinet cat litter house

I bought this little secretary cabinet desk second-hand, and cut a cat door in it so I could place a litter box in there. I’d never used a jig saw before, so it’s pretty sloppy, lol. I grabbed a picture frame I already had that nearly matched the wood of the cabinet, and my brother kindly cut it down to size and glued it back together for me. I then drilled some holes and screwed the frame to the side of the cabinet to make the cat door look neater. Now to see if the kitten will like it!

26 Likes

Nice repurpose! I have seen premade ones…expensive! I like the look of this one…so does the front door open to clean the box?

2 Likes

This is awesome! I love that you framed it. Very, very clever. My cat box solution is far less elegant. lol We have to keep our boxes tucked away just because we’ve a dog that will help herself to them if she could. I love this solution.

2 Likes

I love it!

1 Like

Great solution!

1 Like

The front door does indeed open for cleaning! The pre-made ones really are expensive, especially when I don’t know whether my cat is going to want to use it. With this, I knew I could just as easily pop the missing wood back in and use it as just a hallway cabinet if she didn’t like it, so it was a low risk venture. Plus, it only cost me $35. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

that is really cute! My friend just bought a night stand/litter box combo for her cat and it was A LOT more than $35!

2 Likes

What a good idea! I love your little baby Groot too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome! That is so smart! What a cool idea!

1 Like

I love that cabinet! If I could find one for $35 I’d buy it in a heartbeat. So clever what you did with it, too! Great idea to use a frame.

1 Like

This is great! The frame looks perfect on it. Hope your kitty likes it.

1 Like

This is fantastic! I love the idea of hiding the litter box and simultaneously containing all the litter they kick out.
Now, I am going to have to see a pic of the fur baby that is going to be using this wonderful creation. But not while they are using it. Ha! I love cats!

1 Like

She used it!! And thank you all! It’s hard to get a pic of her because she’s so fast

7 Likes

We took one of the doors off of our 2 sink vanity and cut a rubbermaid tub to fit with a kitty opening on one side. We have a litter flinger.

Yours is much more elegant

3 Likes

What an elegant solution!
The best litterbox cover I ever made was a cardboard tiki hut. Nowhere near as nice as yours.

2 Likes

She’s a cutie

2 Likes

Clever idea! I have 5 cats and two are flingers. I got some high sided litter boxes and that helped the girl but the boy has always been my problem child. Good thing he’s so darned cute and fluffy.

2 Likes

Congrats! Your 2nd Hand Cabinet Cat Litter House is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

2 Likes

Thank you!!! :heart::heart::heart:

This one looks like it could be the perfect candidate for sunken food/water bowls for when she’s able to jump. Saw one similar years ago and have wanted to do it. Had a dog that wanted to get into the litter box and their food as well. :woman_facepalming:t3: