50 or more Projects Craftalong -2023

I like those bags for book binding.

2 Likes

I wonder if there is a small business that can reuse you paper bags? Here smaller thrift stores/charity shops will reuse bags from other stores. Same with some venders at farmers markets, craft fairs, vintage shows, rummage sales, Friends of the Library sales, these kinds of things.

3 Likes

Yes, good idea! And some around here will come pick up from a person if it isnt too inconvenient for a team member

1 Like

Oh goodness, I don’t need anymore! There’s a huge stack in the basement from all my covid imbibing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I hardly ever keep anything I make. Lately I’ve been donating items to a charity bazaar. That way, I can make whatever I want & it goes to a good cause. Everything sells at that event, they took dozens of fabric shopping bags & reversable gift bags last year. I was so happy to be rid of those things! I often craft for mental health, you know? The items pile up…

6 Likes

I hit 10 projects completed! I can’t post pics of the last two because they haven’t been received yet.

8 Likes

If anyone is looking for a spark of inspiration for adding a project to their list, check out the new site-wide Challenge!

2 Likes

Finally finished a bigger project. Took me soooooo long to make but I’m really happy with the result :grin:

Crochet triangle shawl

6 Likes

I tried to watch the video as she is one of my favorite crochet designers! I got a little lost, so I can see why it took so long!

I was going to try it, but I don’t have enough in my stash so it will have to wait!

You did a fantastic job!

2 Likes

I just skipped to the diagrams. :grin:
The constant counting to 15 and then 7 and then 15 again was time consuming.

2 Likes

I was trying to figure out how to print the diagrams. I did not find them on her website. It is easier for me to knit and crochet from a diagram as that is how my brain works!

2 Likes

Same here. I just copied the diagram from the video on a piece of scrap paper. But ended up not needing it because the pattern is very repetitive.

2 Likes

uh…duh…why did I not think of that!? Easy enough! She also has a blanket I want to do using more of my leftover yarns…and her crochet flowers are just so beautiful! I wish sometimes I was three people!

3 Likes

I hit a dozen projects today with these pants for TheMisterT

I expected this year will have fewer, bigger projects - and I think it still will - so it’s a little surprising that I am at 12 on Feb 10. The next one is bigger.

11 Likes

This fabric works so well for these pants.

1 Like

Thanks!

I like fast projects while I work on more long term, larger projects. I have a couple of those going so in between, I made another crochet hat (Divine hat) and FINALLY used up the last of this yarn I had leftover from making a huge blanket and two other hats! There was about 18 inches left…I chucked it!

oops…edited: I must have mindlessly wound it up as I see it in my leftovers bag! :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Two more finishes…

Crochet Basket

Squishy metallic yarn scarf…simple: slip1, K2, P1,repeat as needed, K1–cast on multiple of 3 +2.

13 Likes

Ooh, love that basket!

1 Like

Lovely basket! (I am going to have to make one of those eventually…)

I love the way the colors fade into each other on your basket!

1 Like