50 or more Projects Craftalong -2023

Ooh, love that basket!

1 Like

Lovely basket! (I am going to have to make one of those eventually…)

I love the way the colors fade into each other on your basket!

1 Like

Orrrrrrrrrr maybe, just maybe, our stashes are at least partially accumulated by some kind of stash goblins that dig through our trash, recycling, and donation piles while we’re sleeping and put.that.stuff.back!

LOVE your basket!

3 Likes

yeah…that’s gotta be it!!! :rofl:

Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve finished my fourth project for the year. I made some stamped Valentine cards for my family Simple Valentine Cards.

2 Likes

Finished some gift bags & letter tags.

Also cut down a king sized linen pillowcase that was getting worn in the corners to fit a smaller buckwheat husk pillow. Took a lot of ironing & fiddling, linen is so hard to lay flat & cut straight!

10 Likes

Getting those wips out of the way must be a big relief!

I am still working on destashing yarn…I feel like I accomplish something with every skein being used up. Simple scrap scarf with fringge (no ends to weave in!).

14 Likes

I finished a quilt for my DS2 today. It’s for his 7th birthday this weekend. :heart:

13 Likes

Case for my buckwheat pillow, hand dyed silk.

It could be more snug but it feels pretty nice.

9 Likes

Wow! Some of you have already completed so much this year. I am up to a whopping 5 projects completed, lol. Truthfully though, I am happy with that because it’s five more than zero :smile:. I love seeing everyone’s creations!

7 Likes

I made costumes for carnival :white_check_mark:

Emma is supposed to be a Druid (at the parade someone asked her if she was God), Miraculix from the Asterix comic series in particular.
Ole wanted to be Yoshi from Super Mario. I’m not quite happy with his costume (well, as usual I was a bit late so no time for improvements) but he was thrilled and that’s what counts really.
I was a green parrot referring to a song of one of the local bands. I bought some feather boas, of course, and when I sewed them to me skirt and shirt they lost so many feathers I could make a hairpiece with them.

10 Likes

Wonderful! I wish we had more festivals and parades for people to make/wear costumes!

Looks like you and your family enjoyed carnival!

1 Like

Carnival is even more important than Christmas here in Cologne :smile:

4 Likes

I may have missed the conversation, but what do you do at carnival besides dress up in fun costumes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There are several parades from Thursday to Tuesday before Ash Wednesday. That’s the peak of carnival season. Between November and February there are also balls and stage shows with dance acts, lots of comedy and concerts. Cologne has got several local bands that sing especially about carnival and our beloved city :grin: And then there are sing-along parties in the local pubs.
Of course you need different costumes, for partying inside and for street carnival :point_up: And when you participate in a parade :joy:

3 Likes

Wow! That sounds like a really big party! Does it help break up the monotony of winter, or do you have mild winters there? I’m sorry, my geography is terrible.

1 Like

I sort of felt “guilty” for buying random yarn to get the best price for shipping from the UK, so I jumped in and make a couple of quick projects with one skein…this is called the Ramble on Beanie…a fast and squishy knit. I had a bit left over so I made a headband as well!

I am now at Project #25!

10 Likes

MARCH PROMPTS

Dreaming of Spring

Pastels can be Fun

Put a flower on it

Spring Cleaning out a WIP

7 Likes

I didn’t join this Craftalong on purpose because I figured this year would be too busy for crafting. But, just in case, I did fill up my knitting bag with yarn and cross stitch projects, and I took my sewing class backpack with me our temporary accomodation. And it turns out I’ve been more productive than I thought! It’s difficult to take good pictures here so I haven’t really posted anything this year, but I’ll try to take some pictures outside today.

But here’s what I did:

1. a crochet afghan Scrappy crochet throw
  2. two pairs of fingerless gloves Stashbusting gloves
  3. a skirt More spring sewing projects
  4. a pair of socks
  5. another pair of socks
  6. a pair of pyjama shorts More spring sewing projects

#4 is technically a spring cleaning project, although I started last weekend and only had to finish the second sock’s toe today. I knitted these socks previously, but after one wear, I found they were a bit too big for me, I used my go-to pattern but I think I used needles one size too big. So I washed them and then frogged them and buried those two little balls of yarn in my knitting bag for months. I finally re-knit them earlier this week.

8 Likes