50 or more Projects Craftalong -2023

Wow! That sounds like a really big party! Does it help break up the monotony of winter, or do you have mild winters there? I’m sorry, my geography is terrible.

1 Like

I sort of felt β€œguilty” for buying random yarn to get the best price for shipping from the UK, so I jumped in and make a couple of quick projects with one skein…this is called the Ramble on Beanie…a fast and squishy knit. I had a bit left over so I made a headband as well!

I am now at Project #25!

10 Likes

MARCH PROMPTS

Dreaming of Spring

Pastels can be Fun

Put a flower on it

Spring Cleaning out a WIP

7 Likes

I didn’t join this Craftalong on purpose because I figured this year would be too busy for crafting. But, just in case, I did fill up my knitting bag with yarn and cross stitch projects, and I took my sewing class backpack with me our temporary accomodation. And it turns out I’ve been more productive than I thought! It’s difficult to take good pictures here so I haven’t really posted anything this year, but I’ll try to take some pictures outside today.

But here’s what I did:

1. a crochet afghan Scrappy crochet throw
  2. two pairs of fingerless gloves Stashbusting gloves
  3. a skirt More spring sewing projects
  4. a pair of socks
  5. another pair of socks
  6. a pair of pyjama shorts More spring sewing projects

#4 is technically a spring cleaning project, although I started last weekend and only had to finish the second sock’s toe today. I knitted these socks previously, but after one wear, I found they were a bit too big for me, I used my go-to pattern but I think I used needles one size too big. So I washed them and then frogged them and buried those two little balls of yarn in my knitting bag for months. I finally re-knit them earlier this week.

8 Likes

I find being in a smaller space with only a few projects available can be very helpful to productivity. Glad it’s working for you!

3 Likes

:seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face:

HEY EV-ERY-BODY! It’s time to vote in the Spring Is In The Air Challenge! Get on over there before the poll closes on March 27, 2023!

I made a bunch of linen embroidered towels last year and had a little bit leftover from each colorway. They weren’t big enough for a proper dish towel, but a good size for a hand towel or maybe for wiping up spills, etc. I put a loop on each one with twill tape so I can hand them on a hook next to the sink.

They just needed hemming all around. They are plain, but I resisted the urge to decorate them since they will probably get used a lot.

project #38…going for 40 by the end of the month!

14 Likes

Those are really gorgeous even without decoration!

1 Like

I love those linens & the idea of using them for hand towels.

1 Like

I hit 26 for the first quarter with my Plate of Brown-Es! :crazy_face:

PlateOfBrownEs01

I have 4 projects that are mid-way through completion, though! So maybe by the end of the first week of the second quarter, I will have those done! Well, three of them, at least.

11 Likes

I finally finished the socks I was working on for my hubby (started last August). I messed up on the heel for the first sock, so it looks a little funky. The good news is it fits well! This is my 8th project for the year. They are a pattern called Salted Carmel from The Knitters Book of Socks.

16 Likes

Beautiful! I love the choice of yarn. I find that colour changes can sometimes distract from the pattern but in this case the colour and the pattern go together beautifully.

2 Likes

I have just realised that I am so very far behind in my making goals… but Inhave also made other stuff and haven’t posted yet, so here’s a few things to add, which I will link in my list once I have given them their own post.

Two swap items for the wonderful @jemimah

A hand towel for my kitchen

9 Likes

Has anyone made one of those knitted-then-felted cat caves? I’m thinking about trying one out. I’m not sure if either one of my boys would be interested, but I have plenty of friends that have cats plus there are deserving cats in the shelters.

1 Like

I did a cat bed that I felted, years ago. Two previous cats ago! She loved it. It was a pi shawl, made into a bowl, and felted & then dried over a Tupperware cake tub. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh my gosh the Internet remembers everything. Here is the bed. How to Knit a Felted Cat Bed

1 Like

That eyelash yarn around the edge is so cute. I haven’t seen that bed before! Adding β€œgo to yarn store” to my list of To-Dos.

By my count I’m up to 24 projects now. Waiting for this swap item to be shared:

Trim to be added to a bag & there’s something else interesting on the craft room table too.
The itch to stitch is upon me!

@AIMR how do you get your images so small?

5 Likes

After your pictures are loaded, put a comma, 25% or whatever percent you want after the size:

Example: 375x500,25%

6 Likes

Awesome, thanks Linda! Sure makes the list post easier to read, wow.

3 Likes