50 or more Projects Craftalong -2023

I know for me, it is not really about the actual number that I complete. But, it helps me stay positive and productive when I have a task, like taking a picture and posting. It is sort of the motivation I need to remind myself not to just veg out all the time if I have a “mission”.

The craftalongs and swaps help me as well…and the new challenges or themes here also keep me motivated. If you get even one thing done a year, it is probably one more than a lot of people. I often wonder what people who do not have some sort of creative outlet do with their time. I do not like to be bored and not being busy gives me too much time to dwell on less pleasant things.

4 Likes

I am really bad at vegging out anymore! I have run into people who are not crafty and who say things like “I don’t have a creative bone in my body.” I think that is usually not true at all. Cooking, gardening, decorating, fashion, home improvement, etc. all usually involve creativity, even if it’s just in the from of creative problem solving. This is another reason why I find it so baffling when people get bored or think they will get bored after retirement. Time to do all that stuff you wanted to do, but didn’t have time for!

5 Likes

Me too! I’m so grateful for this craftalong, and all the swaps, monthly prompts/challenges, and most of all, all the lovely Lettuce friends here. I don’t ever find myself with nothing to do, but I do sometimes get stuck in overthinking and feeling overwhelmed - the encouragement and little fun goals really help.

4 Likes

I am up to 32 projects, though some are multiples. I’ve stuck to my plan to use what I have & make at least a few things for myself, pretty happy about that. Lots of gifts, everything super bright colour barf, lol.

6 Likes

If it’s got all the colours, it goes with everything! :smile_cat: :rainbow:

Yay for everyone making progress on their creative lists! I’m getting close to 30, hoping to knock out a couple more things this weekend.

4 Likes

HAHA! I hit 50 projects today with a project for TheMisterT’s 50th birthday! NOICE!

10 Likes

What a fitting project for the 50th milestone!

2 Likes

Now I wish I’d been paying closer attention so I could have made this one the 50th! :rofl:

F-WordBanner01

8 Likes

I dunno…a pirate crab for his 50th is still pretty cool for a 50th project!

2 Likes

HAHAHA! You’re not wrong!

2 Likes

This project keeps making me sing this song in my head (ok, out loud.)

4 Likes

Arrrr!! I love this one-eyed guy!!

3 Likes

That’s delightful!

2 Likes

Swaps really help me increase my creative productivity - just hit 39 projects on my list :smile_cat:

8 Likes

I totally agree. I make more stuff when I’m in swaps versus on my own, unless I have commissions from family.
Congrats on getting so far!

4 Likes

Thanks :smile_cat: Yeah, something about having some constraints - a (friendly) deadline, and a specific project - makes it much easier to get started than just thinking “make whatever you like”. I tend to spend too much time thinking about what to make and deciding on patterns etc.

6 Likes

Finished (woven ends and all) the place mats:

Still didn’t block them, but ya can’t have everything. Lol

9 Likes

Nice! Thanks for making them and sharing the pattern…I learned a new stitch and am happy with the place mats I made! Love your little center coasters as well!

2 Likes

Thanks!
I’m thinking of making a rectangular wrap in that stitch. Haven’t decided yet if it’s a good idea. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fantastic! The coasters are really cute!

1 Like