CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

The link is here. However, it calls for coconut oil and I am allergic, so I used jojoba oil instead. So mine is cane sugar, jojoba oil, vanilla extract, and agave (vegan, so no honey for me!). It smells and tastes really good. It’s suggested that you do the scrub over a sink, and I can vouch for that. I didn’t have a cute jar to store mine in, so it’s in a little ziploc for now.

2 Likes

Project #14 (maybe?) for the year - another of the felt-fabric pencil pouches that are popping up all over the place here. It took about an hour to make (including the time it took to track down where I’d stashed the fabric my mom requested) but it’s a one off so I’m counting it as a separate project.

11 Likes

I don’t know how to do "Strike through"so this is heavily edited from the original. I just found this pattern on etsy as an example of what I’m pondering. Although, of course, I want to do it in a different colorway to match her “family tartan” colors. (Because I can’t do anything simply. lol)

I’m thinking if I could do a wide-but-not-monstrous border it would add some flair to the piece. It is a fisherman cream background with a black image (it’s from a black and white newspaper cartoon character drawing) so I would love to add a bit of color to the border for interest.

1 Like

Yes, that would definitely be a nice touch!

Here is a free pattern that you might be able to use putting in your own colors…Plaid blanket

How to do a strike through < strike> cross this out < /strike> only leave out any spaces between the <> to get this cross this out

3 Likes

Thank you (for all of this!)

1 Like

I’m on the fence of whether these pouches should be counted as one project or two. They are made with the same materials but different techniques about a week apart from each other.

The first was made for the LGTR2 swap using the No Guts boxy pouch tutorial.

The second is about 3/4 the size of the first, just big enough to hold a package of pistachios. I just used the same technique as the itty bitty boxy pouches for this one, which I think I prefer to the no-guts method.

11 Likes

I think you can count separate crafting events as separate projects if you want.

I am almost done with phase 1 of a Sekrit Projekt (that’s how you spell it, right?) but phase 2 may involve getting my spouse involved for tech support…

2 Likes

They’re so cute! I love your fabric.

1 Like

You are becoming the pouch queen! Love them!

I would count as two since you learned or used different techniques…

2 Likes

My sewing teacher loved the pouch you made me @Trillian! I saw her take a good look and the disbelief on her face, so I quickly told her it wasn’t made by me. She’s known me for 15 years so she knows I don’t sew that neatly!

3 Likes

I finished my first project for the year. It’s a small square to just sit on my lap at work when I’m cold. I used random yarns that were small partially used skeins and they are different fibers (some acrylic, some wool, and one alpaca mix). I really like it. I started with doing each two row round with a different colory, but then just went until the skein was gone after the first four rounds. The pattern is the wooleater blanket from Ravelry.

14 Likes

Looks nice and thick to keep you warm! Good way to use up those leftovers as well…

What a pretty and functional way to use up leftover skeins!

These look so lovely! Your sewing is impeccable!

I added more to my wall. I’m not sick of cardboard yet apparently.

10 Likes

I made a Kiss Clasp Coin Purse based on a tutorial link from the bag master @gozer.

I barely got it done…it took me hours…ha ha…all that hand sewing and basting for such a little thing…

17 Likes

Ooh, I like the fish!

I LOVE your curtains and valance! Sorry about the fibro, but glad to see you back and crafting!

I love that so much! Gorgeous! I’ve never tried using one of those frames, they look like hard work, but so pretty!!

While going through my extensive stash, I came across multiple tree skirt panels. These are prequilted semicircles. I have ohh 4 or 5 different patterns/designs so lots of multiples of each (snowmen, village scene, teddy bears, peppermint, etc.). I made twelve full circle tree skirts with lining on the back so that each can be reversible to a different print or solid. They tie closed with ribbons. These were donated to an area mission and to veterans. Unfortunately I didn’t snap pics of the stack before donating. I came across some panels that I haven’t found mates for (yet!) so maybe those can be for a mantel or table.

Lately there have been numerous house fires (as well as the devastating fires in Australia and California). I hope that my simple offering will bring a touch of “home” in their new place.

7 Likes