CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

I made a Kiss Clasp Coin Purse based on a tutorial link from the bag master @gozer.

I barely got it done…it took me hours…ha ha…all that hand sewing and basting for such a little thing…

17 Likes

Ooh, I like the fish!

I LOVE your curtains and valance! Sorry about the fibro, but glad to see you back and crafting!

I love that so much! Gorgeous! I’ve never tried using one of those frames, they look like hard work, but so pretty!!

While going through my extensive stash, I came across multiple tree skirt panels. These are prequilted semicircles. I have ohh 4 or 5 different patterns/designs so lots of multiples of each (snowmen, village scene, teddy bears, peppermint, etc.). I made twelve full circle tree skirts with lining on the back so that each can be reversible to a different print or solid. They tie closed with ribbons. These were donated to an area mission and to veterans. Unfortunately I didn’t snap pics of the stack before donating. I came across some panels that I haven’t found mates for (yet!) so maybe those can be for a mantel or table.

Lately there have been numerous house fires (as well as the devastating fires in Australia and California). I hope that my simple offering will bring a touch of “home” in their new place.

7 Likes

Hoping it’s not too late to jump into this!
I will be cheating a little bit - I want to make a ‘patchwork’ crocheted jumper, but I’m going to count each fancy patch (granny square etc) as a finished item. I won’t count all the samples I do for my A level, that would get silly (today I did about a dozen sheets of prints from my lino cut, for instance).

Here goes:
January:

1. Jellyfish corset finished (A Level work)

Post here

2. Wheel Lattice square (for jumper)
    Pattern here (free, not mine)

3. Some ‘plain’ patches (for jumper)

4. Border patch (for jumper) will post link if I can refind it :joy:

5. Nordic Star Afghan square (for jumper)

Pattern here. Free, not mine

February

1. Daisy square/embellishment

Pattern here. Free, not mine

2. Samples for college

3. Another college sample

Love that there’s shimmer and shine

1. Powertex brooches

1. Various flowers for jumper

Plus 2 others not yet photographed

2. Patches for jumper

3. I’ve not done crocodile stitch before

4. Mended keyring

5. 2 fabric ATCs I made for Magpie for a personal swap

I wrote the details on a tag attached with a brad so that they can be seen onto something else, if wanted.

6. Another powertex brooch - showed a friend how to make one.

March

1. Klimt sample

WIPs

• Penguin panel (gift)
  • Penguin pillow case (gift)
  • A level exam piece
  • Penguin cushion cover (Scott, 8 yo son, supposed to be doing this one, but I’ll end up doing it)

Not started yet:

Monkey pillow case (gift)
Lapis Dragon Skin Pouch

11 Likes

Love the fishies!

@Jeanne I bet you put a lot of work into those…how wonderful to donate something for the home of others.

@GMPNQ Welcome!!! You can count your projects anyway you like…it is often good to count parts of a larger project just to keep track…plus, the time for each part is probably long…can’t wait to see the end project.

2 Likes

I finished up this cute basket today! I used an old T-shirt that no longer fit. I had to do something with the shirt because it was a gift from my brother and he isn’t one to give gifts often. So I always like keeping them around. The little robot is Claptrap from the Borderlands games. He is a favorite character of mine and the game is one my brother and I will play together.

11 Likes

@poetrylover828 Nice to be able to save something that has meaning…

Here is my last project for January…a stuffie made with a flannel shirt I wore in college… :smiley:

16 Likes

That’s one cute stuffie!

Oh my word that is one cute stuffie!

I love the tshirt save, too. Great idea!

@AIMR oh I like the bunny stuffie!!

And thank you guys. I am happy I found a good use for my old shirt.

2 Likes

Nordic star square done :wink:

12 Likes

Welcome @GMPNQ! What subject is your A-level in? Art?

Thank you :blush: @Immaculata.
It’s official title is Art & Design (Textiles)

1 Like

Sounds like a lot of fun!

These 2 finished today.
First one was supposed to be the middle of the square, but I can’t follow instructions or count - got too many petals!
I filled the middle hole in when I had a 2nd go, which I prefer.

14 Likes

I have 3 finished projects I haven’t had a chance to share yet.

A small mixed media made for the little good things swap

A large mixed media

And a set of Domino pendants

14 Likes

All colorful and lovely projects…how do you do paint and seal the dominos? I have always wanted to do that and even bought a box long ago to try but never did…

2 Likes