CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

It came out great!

1 Like

First project of Feb!

Wings!

17 Likes

Another finish (my fussy cut sampler quilt) that someone decided was a perfect hiding spot while it was being folded

23 Likes

I totally read that as fussy “cat.” :laughing:

Kitty says thanks for my new tunnel. :smiley_cat:

5 Likes

You’re not the only one who read fussy cat!

6 Likes

Boy, does it get a bit confusing when you are doing several craftalongs simultaneously. I think what I am going to do is mix it up so that I don’t post to all of them…maybe a link or something in a few…

That being said, here is another heart I got done today…I posted the first one in the February Thing A Day…Heart #1

Note that the hearts are in a basket…yep…hoping to fill it up by Valentine’s Day with all sorts of hearts… :smiley:

20 Likes

Turned some of Friday’s lino prints into proper samples today :+1:
These are for the first idea for my exam piece - steampunk stitched vessel/ vase cover. Just playing with ideas and techniques at moment. Finished article could look nothing like this.

First off - a couple printed on helmet interfacing. I just painted into them with watercolours. As these are samples and, unless something goes dreadfully wrong, won’t get wet, I can sample with water soluble media :wink:

Next, one I stitched into. Typical me - I left the ones on the pelmet interfacing unstitched, and stitched into a paper one! I used fusible interfacing on the back to help strengthen it a bit.

I like the blue metallic thread - wanted it to look like verdigris patina and think it worked out.

Lastly, another paper print, with cutouts like reverse applique. The 2 backing fabrics are both shiney, but difficult to photograph.

10 Likes

Funny thing is, those few of us that completed the blocks as a local sew together called ourself “fussy cats” because that’s what they all thought our instructor was saying :joy_cat:

5 Likes

These are neat! I’ve had some fun using mulberry washi paper scraps with light stitching designs on my embroidery machine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finally managed to settle down and get some college work done this evening.
A sample for my 2nd idea for exam project. This time I’m looking at using recycled fabric (scraps/old clothes etc) to upcycle a denim jacket. I had a go at using various scraps and soluble stabilizer to make ‘new’ fabric that could be used to decorate or mend a jacket (or anything else you fancy).

Love that there’s shimmer and shine

Back not too shabby either

10 Likes

Small finish- First Diamond painting

10 Likes

How did you like it? I am tempted to buy a kit and try this…any tips?

I enjoyed it! It was easy and relaxing. The only tip I have is if you are doing a larger one with lots of colors is to get some type of containers to store the diamonds in.

2 Likes

Another finish today. This is a 4th grade artist fundraiser tote bag.

13 Likes

I’ve been busy crafting and not keeping up with my list of finished projects.

I made a baby blanket for my niece and nephew’s baby girl (due this Spring), still need to weave in the ends (I’ll take more pics and give it its own post when I do).

I’m working on a shawl for myself, and when questioned by DS2 about it, he demanded a new scarf for himself. Adorable little tyrant. I made this bandana cowl out of yarn I spun myself.

DS2 has a birthday coming up, and is a big Minions fan, so I made him this weekender bag. It was a fun project.

16 Likes

Love the colors on the baby afghan…it will last a long time as the baby gets older!

Your son knows how to take advantage of his talented mom’s skills! How cool is that bandana!

Of course, the bag…is it just amazing!

1 Like

The shawl is so bright and lovely. I’m sure it will be treasured forever! The bandana cowl has such a pretty yarn! Hand-spun :heart:

Oh, the minions weekender bag is awesome!

1 Like

I finished a rainbow mug rug last night, and then made some Valentine’s cookies this morning… I’m on a roll!

12 Likes

I love love love that baby afghan! Beautiful! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I made a couple zip pouches. The first is a hummingbird zipper pouch which was my offering for the Feb stitchalong and the second was a *youre pouch which used up fabric purchased years ago that I’m using as a Nerd Games zap.

8 Likes