CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

I haven’t cracked one open yet, but I might later today and I can report back. I’m not familiar with acrylic paint brands. This is one of them. I got them in primary colors, black and white.

1 Like

I go through tons of white and black as base coats…I bet it is fine…what a good size, too!

1 Like

@zubrickk Katie, just a word of warning, this Prang paint seems to be tempera (also known as gouache), that’s not quite the same as acrylic paint. It won’t be waterproof for one thing, and it rubs off things, like wizard’s wands for example. The good news is it will wash out of clothes in the event of paint going where it shouldn’t.

2 Likes

Thank you for letting me know! I wasn’t really paying attention when I bought it. I only plan on using it on canvases for doodling, so I’m not too worried about wear and tear. I don’t think I’ve used tempera paint before. Does it dry similarly to acrylic?

2 Likes

I’m not a painter by any means, but I have used acrylics and I like the quick drying time, and that it stays where it goes. Mostly. Except on my dress. Tempera should be similar I think, especially on canvas. Like finger paint? Definitely not like oil paint (I’m told that takes weeks to dry).

2 Likes

Project #30…I made a duster cover to help with the daily mounds of dog hair on my wooden floors. I got the idea from this post by @geekgirl but I had to change up the pattern since I was using different yarn and had a different size handle.

I also wanted more loops to catch more hair so I did two loops per single crochet, making one in the front loop and one in the back loop…like two layers…

What a great idea!!! This community is wonderful for sharing ideas and this one is eco-friendly! Love it…thanks again!

14 Likes

this answers my question from the other post. I like the idea of 2 loops per single crochet. I’ll do that for my next one!

2 Likes

lol–sorry, I was busy using it along the baseboards in my hall…all that dog hair.

I am making another one so one can be in the wash…great pattern and idea! I had made covers for my mop thingy but never thought about the hand duster!

2 Likes

Check out my Miniature pocket letter entry for the miniature art challenge.

13 Likes

Made my kid a simple and silly little Valentine’s Day card.

7 Likes

So cute!

1 Like

Did some sewing today! I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve done anything. I had looked through some old stitch magazines and one had a tote/shopping bag in it. I had some of this cute lemon fabric and happened to have a good matching yellow for the bias around the top. The little pouch is made like a travel tissue cover. Just with an extra tab and some hardware so you can clip it to a purse.

I have tried making bias binding before but the method I used before wasn’t great. I tried an new way that had me folding a square into triangles and then cutting strips. And that worked really well for this. And was a much easier way to make bias binding.

10 Likes

Cute fabric!

The bias tape really adds a nice touch…brings out the lemon color…

Do you have a link to how you did it? I have a tube thing that is suppose to make bias tape…

My mom explained it too me. I can do up a few pictures to help explain how to do it.

2 Likes

oh no worries…I will google it…

EDITED: found it! It was how I was taught in school! ha ha Old school is sometimes the best…kudos to your mom!

2 Likes

Thank goodness you found it. I hadn’t gotten around to snapping some pictures XD

2 Likes

I spent my craft time this week making Baby Yoda for my hubby. :heart:

The Child AKA Baby Yoda

17 Likes

Turned out really cute!!! I love the ears…turned just right!

3 Likes

I made two giant pompons for my daughter. They are a sheddy fluffy mess. Lol next time i’ll use a less fluffy yarn. I lost my head and used Bernat blanket yarn and it’s just everywhere.
Good times, good times. She loves them tho, so it’s fine.

1 Like

That baby is perfect. The stance, too! Well done!

1 Like