CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

Did some sewing today! I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve done anything. I had looked through some old stitch magazines and one had a tote/shopping bag in it. I had some of this cute lemon fabric and happened to have a good matching yellow for the bias around the top. The little pouch is made like a travel tissue cover. Just with an extra tab and some hardware so you can clip it to a purse.

I have tried making bias binding before but the method I used before wasn’t great. I tried an new way that had me folding a square into triangles and then cutting strips. And that worked really well for this. And was a much easier way to make bias binding.

10 Likes

Cute fabric!

The bias tape really adds a nice touch…brings out the lemon color…

Do you have a link to how you did it? I have a tube thing that is suppose to make bias tape…

My mom explained it too me. I can do up a few pictures to help explain how to do it.

2 Likes

oh no worries…I will google it…

EDITED: found it! It was how I was taught in school! ha ha Old school is sometimes the best…kudos to your mom!

2 Likes

Thank goodness you found it. I hadn’t gotten around to snapping some pictures XD

2 Likes

I spent my craft time this week making Baby Yoda for my hubby. :heart:

The Child AKA Baby Yoda

17 Likes

Turned out really cute!!! I love the ears…turned just right!

3 Likes

I made two giant pompons for my daughter. They are a sheddy fluffy mess. Lol next time i’ll use a less fluffy yarn. I lost my head and used Bernat blanket yarn and it’s just everywhere.
Good times, good times. She loves them tho, so it’s fine.

1 Like

That baby is perfect. The stance, too! Well done!

1 Like

I finished my quilt top after being inspired by Edel’s “Green Quilt.”

I’ll make it’s own post once it’s quilted and bound.

12 Likes

It is really a nice size…and will become a cherished gift!

2 Likes

@AudiobookLover @GMPNQ
here it is!

2 Likes

Awww! Cute little baby! I haven’t watched any of that series yet, but I am loving all of the baby ‘Yoda’ amigurumi.

Awesome quilt top @Lynx! I love the layout.

I’ve been working on a couple quilts, too. I finished up the tops and backs this week, but have to take a break before quilting to work on DS1’s birthday present.

#1 Top:

#1 Back:

#2 Top:

Details:

#2 Back:

15 Likes

Holy smokes! The back on the 2nd is like a whole other quilt!

4 Likes

I ran out of fabric! I had to use all my scraps from the top - and the top of another quilt - to get enough yardage for the back. This quilt was born from the fact that Jo-Ann’s had their fat quarters on sale for 99c, prints half off, and I had a coupon, too…no real plan other than buy all the pretty fabric.

10 Likes

That’s the best plan there is! :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Those are some pretty quilts!

I was fairly productive yesterday evening. I made this cute rain cloud purse that was in an old magazine. Yay for old magazines with cute stuff XD Most of the ones in our house has at least one thing we want to make. So maybe I will use them to find more projects to make.

12 Likes

Really cute and functional…love that the lining is a nice bright color!

I forgot who on here also mentioned that we all need to make at least one thing out of our books and magazines or else chuck them or give them away…I am guilty of buying them for a cute thing and never making it!

Glad to see that you are doing it!

2 Likes

That is so cute! I find some of those magazine patterns a bit kitschy and sometimes cringey, but this is cool! Maybe I should try and make some of the early 80s magazine patterns with a modern eye and aim for rain cloud cool!

3 Likes

Thanks! There are some things that look a little silly but they have some cool patterns.

2 Likes