CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

As long as no one makes and posts any creepy clown themed projects from said magazines, I’ll be good. :yum: I’m enjoying seeing all the quilting going on here, and am SO jealous of everyone’s sewing skills!

2 Likes

Super cute!!! :cloud_with_rain:

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

The February Thing a Day has really challenged me to take some time each day to do something crafty! I made a little patch and decided it needed to be put on something. Since I am also trying to destash and use scraps and embroider something functional (whew!), this little pouch hit all the craftalongs!

Made of denim, hand dyed shibori, machine and hand embroidered, etc. etc.

Lined with stash fabric in a happy yellow. Old metal zipper taken off a jacket.

15 Likes

Beautiful! The inside is so cheery!

2 Likes

I just posted my offering for the Fiber and Textile Q1 challenge here.

A pair of aqua blue crochet dishcloths. Another project for my ever-growing list.

2 Likes

Your rain cloud purse is so cute, @poetrylover828!

My stash of collected patterns is mostly digital, thank goodness, but still a bit tiresome to sift through when I’m looking for some inspiration. It’s too true what they say about collecting supplies/ideas and actually making something being two separate hobbies.

Great use of stash, @AIMR! Happy, little flowers!

My son had picked out some flannel fabric for us to make pillowcases with. And, it sat on the shelf for a couple months. Considering the season for flannel bedclothes is drawing to an end, I figured I better just whip them up.

Mario for DS1, using this tutorial:

And cute little foxes for DS2 (basic envelope style pillowcase):

I also made a portable PVC frame quilt display rack yesterday with a carrying bag. But, I forgot to snap a picture before I took it apart. It’s to display the quilt I made for DS1’s school auction.

10 Likes

I had fun with the powertex starter kit I hot at Whitby the other week and made these

The big one is about 3.5", the middle one about 2.5" and the tiny one comes in under 1"

10 Likes

How cheery that is!

1 Like

Wow everyone!! So many cute things to look at!!

1 Like

I agree…such a variety…love to see the pins made with a new medium…looks like cast metal!

And the pillow cases…always a fun project…

I also want more dishcloths…they are so handy for so many chores around the house and garden…I even keep a few in my car.

1 Like

The rainbow quilt :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart::100:

2 Likes

These blanket/hat/angel wing sets are for a charity named Project Robby:

I used very soft yarn and went by the site’s guidelines as far as sizes. I plan to make bigger ones till I reach the size limit and then start again with the small ones.

Project Robbie donates a blanket/hat/angel wing set to hospitals or parents that request one. They are used as keepsakes for the bereaved parents, to take photos in for the baby, or to use to bury their baby in. Oftentimes, hospitals may have donations of blankets and/or hats, but they may not be small enough for the babies that are born very, very early.

10 Likes

That’s a lovely thing you are doing.

1 Like

They are so tiny…it must be a comfort to the grieving parents to know there are others out there helping them get through it with this type of random kindness…the little wings make me want to cry.

2 Likes

The little hats get me.

2 Likes

Oh, @LadybugsAndBees, that is such a sweet thing to do.

1 Like

Thank you for doing this, it is such a nice gesture.

1 Like

I made a light box. I have to test it out with some lamps but I think it will do the job. I added a handle so I wouldn’t squish the sides moving it around.

11 Likes

That’s so cool! I never would have thought of making one.