CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

Each time I visit this thread, the new projects give me such a boost! Thanks so much everyone for sharing!

2 Likes

Happy Birthday!!

3 Likes

I remember you from Craftster! :smiley: I’m so glad to see you here! Love what you made!

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

I have several items I need to photograph and cross off my list. I just need to get motivated to do it.

2 Likes

@poetrylover828 I love that bag! There’s a lot going on with that fabric and I don’t think I’ve seen one that size/shape before.

First Project of March (23 for the year)!

I made 5 dresses of various sizes using this particular fabric. I’m not quite sure how the contest for this month works as far as determining size. These took good chunk of a day but I still think they count as a medium project, maybe?

5 Likes

Thanks! I had made a circle purse to look like a pokeball. So when I was trying to think of some sort of bag to make him as a gift it hit me that a circle one is a good idea.

There isn’t any lining in it. And I did French seams. I didn’t do a lining because I had no idea how to do a lining for a circular bag like this. So I used that heavier denim/canvas fabric to help it hold up. And the French seams were to try and keep it from fraying too much.

1 Like

I added a mirror to my newest fabric twine wreath!

12 Likes

I like it a lot! Did the smaller wreath take up much twine? I only have about four yards of green and would like to do something with it…I was going to use it for embroidery but I could use another small wreath in my guest bath…

1 Like

No, the small wreath doesn’t make much twine at all. Four yards is definitely more than enough.

2 Likes

Gorgeous! You are inspiring me with all these wreaths! I found an even smaller wreath frame at another dollar store! I want to post it and will soon. Although, it seems that perhaps my small one is the same size as yours…

Arrgghhh…my knee hurts so I can’t get up the stairs to my craft room to get any fabric to try out my fabric twisting skills :blush: and my regular prescription glasses broke so I’ve had to wear the older ones. I’ve had a low level headache for days and by the end of the last day or two now, it’s turning into a migraine; and then I can’t craft because it hurts to look at small stitches with the older glasses. At this point, I think I’m just going to tape the part that broke on my glasses and wear them like that.

1 Like

Taped glasses sound way better than migraines. Good luck!

3 Likes

Thank you! THAT is the way to look at it! :wink:

3 Likes

I can finally show off the Joyful Clover in a hoop I made recently.

@aimr—eek! The first week of March is ending! I’d like this to be my project submission for this week and it’s a large!

3 Likes

The greatness continues! Y’all’re AWESOME!

I was able to add two more to my list. WOO! And in a couple of days I might have even a couple more. EEP!

2 Likes

(This probably counts as a medium, as it took 2-3 hours - 2 points)

I rolled my ankle yesterday (just a sprain), and I’m stuck on the couch for a few days. All my big projects are boring me, so I dug into my basket of yarn scraps and made my first granny square. I purposely picked an obnoxious combination of colors, but I kind of love how it turned out. The pattern is Oriental Star. About two dozen more and I’ll have a nice sized throw.

7 Likes

I am now questioning my love of green and orange together as being obnoxious… :D…that is one of my favorite combos! ha

I think it turned out to look quite exotic…like a Persian tile look…definitely a medium…

Thanks for the pattern link…I have a bunch of small amounts to use as well and this looks like a fun pattern…hope your ankle feels better! Ouchy!

2 Likes

Here’s a random WIP finish ( well at least I think its finished). I went looking for supplies for my March stitchalong idea and saw this in my embroidery drawer. I added few more flowers and leaves from my initial “doodling” and am calling it done.

The thread was in a bag for $2 at the op shop.

10 Likes

Wow! What are you stitching on? It looks quite gauzy…the flowers really have a lot of depth using that variegated thread…perfect for the March theme…it makes me think of spring!

2 Likes

Oh, I don’t think green/orange is an obnoxious combo…it’s the three shades of green and the overall brightness of the colors. It turned out to have a very Irish vibe, all completed.

2 Likes