CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

I like it a lot! Did the smaller wreath take up much twine? I only have about four yards of green and would like to do something with it…I was going to use it for embroidery but I could use another small wreath in my guest bath…

1 Like

No, the small wreath doesn’t make much twine at all. Four yards is definitely more than enough.

2 Likes

Gorgeous! You are inspiring me with all these wreaths! I found an even smaller wreath frame at another dollar store! I want to post it and will soon. Although, it seems that perhaps my small one is the same size as yours…

Arrgghhh…my knee hurts so I can’t get up the stairs to my craft room to get any fabric to try out my fabric twisting skills :blush: and my regular prescription glasses broke so I’ve had to wear the older ones. I’ve had a low level headache for days and by the end of the last day or two now, it’s turning into a migraine; and then I can’t craft because it hurts to look at small stitches with the older glasses. At this point, I think I’m just going to tape the part that broke on my glasses and wear them like that.

1 Like

Taped glasses sound way better than migraines. Good luck!

3 Likes

Thank you! THAT is the way to look at it! :wink:

3 Likes

I can finally show off the Joyful Clover in a hoop I made recently.

@aimr—eek! The first week of March is ending! I’d like this to be my project submission for this week and it’s a large!

3 Likes

The greatness continues! Y’all’re AWESOME!

I was able to add two more to my list. WOO! And in a couple of days I might have even a couple more. EEP!

2 Likes

(This probably counts as a medium, as it took 2-3 hours - 2 points)

I rolled my ankle yesterday (just a sprain), and I’m stuck on the couch for a few days. All my big projects are boring me, so I dug into my basket of yarn scraps and made my first granny square. I purposely picked an obnoxious combination of colors, but I kind of love how it turned out. The pattern is Oriental Star. About two dozen more and I’ll have a nice sized throw.

7 Likes

I am now questioning my love of green and orange together as being obnoxious… :D…that is one of my favorite combos! ha

I think it turned out to look quite exotic…like a Persian tile look…definitely a medium…

Thanks for the pattern link…I have a bunch of small amounts to use as well and this looks like a fun pattern…hope your ankle feels better! Ouchy!

2 Likes

Here’s a random WIP finish ( well at least I think its finished). I went looking for supplies for my March stitchalong idea and saw this in my embroidery drawer. I added few more flowers and leaves from my initial “doodling” and am calling it done.

The thread was in a bag for $2 at the op shop.

10 Likes

Wow! What are you stitching on? It looks quite gauzy…the flowers really have a lot of depth using that variegated thread…perfect for the March theme…it makes me think of spring!

2 Likes

Oh, I don’t think green/orange is an obnoxious combo…it’s the three shades of green and the overall brightness of the colors. It turned out to have a very Irish vibe, all completed.

2 Likes

Its scraps from an organza curtain, also from an op shop. Its quite the thrifted project.

3 Likes

No worries…I am not much of a stickler for the “rules”…I have entered just about every project made and given points…I know that creating is more important than all that administrative stuff…I have time so don’t stress…I just don’t want anyone left out of the fun!

If you are in this group, I will hunt down your projects even if you don’t post here… just saying… :smiley:

2 Likes

So it’s not finished yet but I have a friend who is pagan that might come to visit this year. I asked him about an altar cloth and he said that this design was something he would like. I just have to find something for the back and then I will do a quick stitch and flip.

The color is a little darker than what the picture shows. The white thread has some silver filament mixed with it to give a little shine.

6 Likes

I didn’t get around to posting a project for the first week in March but here is mine for week 2. I would consider it an XLarge. I’ve been working on it off and on for 2 months. I completed a whole art journal! granted it was only about 20 pages (big pages!) but usually I half way complete a journal then move to the next one. Part of the issue is often I am unsure when a page is done and have to come back and revisit it several times.

A Completed Art Journal
A sample of pages

11 Likes

I really like how your flowers turned out!

1 Like

I love seeing your art journal. Some of the images I recognize but now see in a new way. Since you worked on it all month and I have seen pages of it, you’ll get credit for week 1!

Each page is a mini collage with so much to see!

2 Likes

Week 1 silliness; I’ve been playing w/ my child’s window art kit.

I guess this is 4 small projects?

Here’s what my kid did with the rest of it:

9 Likes

@geekgirl - your pages are so bright and cheerful!

@thanate - I love your sun catchers. Playing around with kids’ kits is the best sort of stress relief.

I finally finished my socks! They took just over a month, which I think is a speed record for me.

18 Likes