CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

Wow! What are you stitching on? It looks quite gauzy…the flowers really have a lot of depth using that variegated thread…perfect for the March theme…it makes me think of spring!

2 Likes

Oh, I don’t think green/orange is an obnoxious combo…it’s the three shades of green and the overall brightness of the colors. It turned out to have a very Irish vibe, all completed.

2 Likes

Its scraps from an organza curtain, also from an op shop. Its quite the thrifted project.

3 Likes

No worries…I am not much of a stickler for the “rules”…I have entered just about every project made and given points…I know that creating is more important than all that administrative stuff…I have time so don’t stress…I just don’t want anyone left out of the fun!

If you are in this group, I will hunt down your projects even if you don’t post here… just saying… :smiley:

2 Likes

So it’s not finished yet but I have a friend who is pagan that might come to visit this year. I asked him about an altar cloth and he said that this design was something he would like. I just have to find something for the back and then I will do a quick stitch and flip.

The color is a little darker than what the picture shows. The white thread has some silver filament mixed with it to give a little shine.

6 Likes

I didn’t get around to posting a project for the first week in March but here is mine for week 2. I would consider it an XLarge. I’ve been working on it off and on for 2 months. I completed a whole art journal! granted it was only about 20 pages (big pages!) but usually I half way complete a journal then move to the next one. Part of the issue is often I am unsure when a page is done and have to come back and revisit it several times.

A Completed Art Journal
A sample of pages

11 Likes

I really like how your flowers turned out!

1 Like

I love seeing your art journal. Some of the images I recognize but now see in a new way. Since you worked on it all month and I have seen pages of it, you’ll get credit for week 1!

Each page is a mini collage with so much to see!

2 Likes

Week 1 silliness; I’ve been playing w/ my child’s window art kit.

I guess this is 4 small projects?

Here’s what my kid did with the rest of it:

9 Likes

@geekgirl - your pages are so bright and cheerful!

@thanate - I love your sun catchers. Playing around with kids’ kits is the best sort of stress relief.

I finally finished my socks! They took just over a month, which I think is a speed record for me.

18 Likes

Those are gorgeous socks!

1 Like

Nice job on getting them to match! Love the pattern…just enough interest for that beautiful yarn!

1 Like

Those look beautiful!

1 Like

Those are so nice! This makes me want a pair of handmade socks! I love the fun colors!

1 Like

Oh my gosh, my friend @AthenaDaytona was here this weekend to work on an ENORMOUS and secret (ssshhh) project for her mama. Sadly, I was not feeling the greatest, and then our car broke down, boooo! But! We managed to finish the big secret thing and then I made a cushion cover to go with it.

These are fairly terrible photos but I don’t care, you can clearly see the gorgeous deep purple (hey, that’s a band!) taffeta and burgundy silk (scored at the thrift shop no less) and my ingenious solution for the trim corners.

Nice, right? The corners are properly trimmed to avoid dog ears and there is also a very well done hidden zipper on the back, if I do say so myself. It takes a 16" pillow form, I put one in but photographing that, even badly, was not even possible.

13 Likes

I love the socks, they look so comfy!

1 Like

I’m so proud of myself! 11/50 done and it’s only March! And many of them are gifts, which makes me even more happy! (and charity)

7 Likes

Getting a lot of little things done and out of the way…my house is still full of boxes and stuff I need to hang up to decorate…

I have a huge foyer and decided to put in a little table with a clock that belonged to my MIL and a bamboo mat that belonged to my mother. I decided I needed some flowers. These aren’t real, but when summer starts and the markets are full of flowers, I will change them out for real. For now, fake flowers brighten up the space. I had these for another project that didn’t work out.

I also redid a small wreath for my guest bathroom. Originally, I tried using the flowers on the wreath and added some shells…hated it. So I wrapped the wreath with some fabric twine I had made previously and then added the shells. It now goes better with my beach theme.

Before:

After:

13 Likes

The wreath is just lovely!

1 Like

That wreath looks very nice!

1 Like