CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

I finished another pair of socks.

18 Likes

That is a lovely pattern! I love the heel and the gusset detail…the leaf pattern on the leg is very nice as well!

I know I gave up on my socks after I screwed up making one sock too large, but now I want to start again…seeing yours and @Trillian 's socks makes me want to try again!

1 Like

@Raury I am in love with those socks! And your yarn choice is perfect - it’s so hard to find something that has more than one color but doesn’t obscure the awesome stitch patterns. I have to ask, what pattern did you use? I have some similar yarn just crying out to be used.

2 Likes

I am in love. Just beautiful.

1 Like

Crocheted socks are not in my wheel house as far as talent to make them, and typically I don’t get too excited by them, but these caught my eye and are GORGEOUS! The color, the darks and light shades, the detail in the heel and the sides…!!! Wonderfully done!

Finished a hat…going to start my Mimosa shawl as soon as I finish making one more matching fingerless glove…

2 Likes

I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve posted something here. But I had found a bunch of english paper piecing hexies I had made forever ago and decided to make a mug rug. I had thought of the mug rug because I remembered a magazine having a similar pattern to make coasters. I think the hexies were just smaller. I just sewed the hexies into the right shape and then stitched it down on my fabric. I’m pretty happy with how it looks.

10 Likes

I love hexies! But sometimes, I am not exactly sure what to do with them! This is really cute…love how you themed them to make this…beautiful

3 Likes

The pattern is Berniece. I love tonal Yarns, but you are right sometimes it is hard to find a pattern that works.

2 Likes

I love the look of hexies, great job.

2 Likes

Thanks they were fun to make.

1 Like

This looks so cool!

2 Likes

Thank you! It was fun to do!

1 Like

Yesterday my husband and I finished my F&D Q1 2020 contest entry!

7 Likes

Each time I see this picture, I admire your strength and tenacity…you are a problem solver and while you have your doubts and fears, you continue forward…this project got done…I would vote you as leader in any type of disaster situation…you have those skills to motivate and get 'er done!!

4 Likes

I just finished this up last night. Trying to do art journaling. This is my cat, Black Jack.

9 Likes

I’ve been holding back on showing this one back it was my fall back project if my couch project hadn’t been finished in time to submit for the D&F contest. It was, so now I can share my soccer jersey wreath.
I

12 Likes

I finished my DS1’s birthday present! He loved it. thread. Now, onto some quilting!

14 Likes

I’ve finished my second project for this year, and it took me a lot longer than planned. I started it last July/August at my parent’s cabin. The Roosevelt fire in Wyoming was close to their place, so they’ve been clearing a lot of timber off their property and I scored some free peeled logs from my dad. I made this shelf by cutting a log in half, sanding, and coating with three coats of poly (and sanding between). I did the first two coats over the summer, but forgot about the project and finally did the third this weekend. i secured the two pieces together with a metal joiner and then used sisal rope to hang it from the ceiling. I kind of wish I’d made it a lower shelf so you could see the blue in the pine caused by pine beetles, but overall I really like how it turned out.

15 Likes

I love seeing reclaimed wood projects! Your plant shelf is lovely…I love that you used a clear poly to show off the knots and holes…

2 Likes