CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

Thank you! It was fun and definitely surprisingly quick to make.

2 Likes

The way I was taught to prep the lino/stamp is to draw it out then use a sharpie to block in either what you are keeping or what you are removing - it doesn’t matter which as long as you know which way round you’ve done it. That way you can see exactly what you are removing and what you will be left with. I blocked out what I need to remove.
I have yet to try text - reversing that is more than my brain can cope with!

4 Likes

I generally draw my design right-way-around in pencil on paper, and then rub the pencil onto the block so I get a reversed image to trace & carve.

4 Likes

Both of those tips from experienced people will help me! Thanks!

2 Likes

I carved my own 3 letter name backwards, TWICE!

4 Likes

What happens when you turn embroidery into a journal? My newest completed project!

3 Likes

Your journal is gorgeous, @Lynx! Such pretty stitching.

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

I know I’ve said it before, but it really is such a treat to come back to this thread after a couple of weeks and see all the new stuff people have been up to! It’s both inspiring and comforting.

4 Likes

So I’m still doing the 52 week sew along and this week was themed for pinterest inspired projects. The top left photo is my inspiration of fabric roads for toy cars. So I figured out my own measurements (because of course the picture I pinned didn’t link to any) and then found the pattern for the cars in a book I own.

12 Likes

My first socks. Does this count as one or two?

11 Likes

Definitely two socks. One pair, but two socks. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I got a bit of crafty motivation today after doing what I thought was enough house stuff. (Gonna have heaps of time to do house stuff, right?)

I made a small lined drawstring bag. Sorry, lighting is terrible.

I also made this tissue box cover during the week. I didn’t like the boring, doesn’t-match-my-bathroom box. I didn’t want a statement piece, just something to blend in.

Not exactly crafty, but I also framed this cute little coffee cup art for a friend at work, who said how much she liked it.

13 Likes

finally finished my little assemblage project!

2 Likes

Completed this weekend’s atc blitz challenge: Coronavirus: life in 6 words !

3 Likes

Mrs. Mantis Goes to Town

6 Likes

I finished up a bunch of masks for our hospital and a handful for us. Wore one to the grocery store today and was happy to see I wasn’t the only one.

10 Likes

Which ones do you find better? The more fitted ones of the pleated surgical type?

1 Like

Time for another massive project dump of doll clothes. Brace yourself!

There’s a bit more, but I haven’t got the pictures sorted yet.

14 Likes

All is right with the world when I see those little dresses…my favorite is the one in the middle left…such a happy spring fabric!

3 Likes