CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

I actually showed your project to our friend’s son when he was prepping a portfolio to apply to creative arts highschool! It’s awesome. And ya, those are knots.

3 Likes

Oh it is! It was not my favorite part but it looks good finished.

2 Likes

That’s very cool! I’m glad he liked it. I love the webtoon on the Webtoon app. It’s actually a Victorian crime type story so very fun to read!

1 Like

I’ve only worn the pleated type so far. Went to the grocery store yesterday. It was really comfortable, but my glasses did get a bit fogged up. I don’t suppose there’s any getting around that, though.

The pleated type does work up faster than the fitted ones, but also uses larger pieces of fabric. I definitely prefer ties to elastic around the ears, though.

4 Likes

Ooh thanks! I was thinking of doing two elastic loops around the head rather than ears, like a dust mask.

3 Likes

Lots of ATCs for March

4 Likes

FYI, my husband found tucking the top edge of the mask under the nosepiece of his glasses worked pretty well to prevent fogging.

4 Likes

I have only finished two projects so far. A bag and a matching zippered pouch.

8 Likes

I have two 100g Noro Rainbow Rolls (pencil roving) in this colorway, and this skein represents half of one roll. So, I expect to get three more, roughly this size, out of what fiber I have.

9 Likes

That’s a cute bag!

I love the colors of that yarn :heart_eyes: I wish I was better at yarn crafts. I’m just very slow at knitting and crochet :laughing:

But in between all my animal crossing game play I made this runner with the fun cocktail fabric.

11 Likes

I love this so much :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: what are the fabrics you used?

3 Likes

I will have to go and see if the company or line is on the salvage. I got them from my local quilt shop!

2 Likes

These colors are beautiful!!

2 Likes

Sorry I got distracted and never went to see what the fabrics were (but I can recommend that new Disney movie Onward). The fabrics are from Michael Miller and I think the line is Kitschy Cocktails (or at least one of the pieces is that). I think one other might have been called Moms Little Helper but I can’t find that salvage.

3 Likes

Another day, another project dump. This is a catch-all from both March & April (plus a February dress I forgot to put in a batch before).

13 Likes

They are all gorgeous!

yay…one of my favorite project dumps!! Too darn cute and your fabric collection amazes me…the little pink one. middle left, is just too adorable.

1 Like

I’ve gotten a LOT of stuff done, just no motivation to post it. :no_mouth:

1 Like

I spun up 200g of Noro pencil roving. It’s about 500 yards of 2-ply and 14 yards of 3-ply. I’d never chain plied before, so that was fun. And, by fun, I mean not all that fun. Darn near pulled my tiny wheel off the tray and had to hand-wind most of the bobbin since getting speed and tension right for that kind of plying was, apparently, beyond me. Ah, well, back to convincing my DH that I need a full-sized wheel. :joy:

10 Likes

I spent part of the day making masks…seems everyone wants them now…I am glad…happy to be making them for anybody who cares enough to want to protect themselves and others…

6 Likes