CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

Sorry I got distracted and never went to see what the fabrics were (but I can recommend that new Disney movie Onward). The fabrics are from Michael Miller and I think the line is Kitschy Cocktails (or at least one of the pieces is that). I think one other might have been called Moms Little Helper but I can’t find that salvage.

3 Likes

Another day, another project dump. This is a catch-all from both March & April (plus a February dress I forgot to put in a batch before).

13 Likes

They are all gorgeous!

yay…one of my favorite project dumps!! Too darn cute and your fabric collection amazes me…the little pink one. middle left, is just too adorable.

1 Like

I’ve gotten a LOT of stuff done, just no motivation to post it. :no_mouth:

1 Like

I spun up 200g of Noro pencil roving. It’s about 500 yards of 2-ply and 14 yards of 3-ply. I’d never chain plied before, so that was fun. And, by fun, I mean not all that fun. Darn near pulled my tiny wheel off the tray and had to hand-wind most of the bobbin since getting speed and tension right for that kind of plying was, apparently, beyond me. Ah, well, back to convincing my DH that I need a full-sized wheel. :joy:

10 Likes

I spent part of the day making masks…seems everyone wants them now…I am glad…happy to be making them for anybody who cares enough to want to protect themselves and others…

6 Likes

I vote that you get a full size spinning wheel…so there… :smiley:

Beautiful yarn!

3 Likes

I second @AIMRs vote.

If you can do that with a little wheel, I’d love to see the results on a full sized one.

2 Likes

I just realized I wasn’t getting updates for this thread and I am now caught up after almost 2 months :sweat_smile: so many amazing projects everyone!

4 Likes

That yarn is super pretty! I wish I was better at knitting and crochet so I could use pretty yarns like that.

I was working on some masks this weekend. I know a few people who are considered essential that I decided to make a few masks for. And a friend contacted me about making them 20 so I was busy. I did not enjoy making them and don’t plan on making many more. But anyone sewing them up like crazy is stronger than me.

Anyways here are two of them I forgot to get a picture of the big group.

7 Likes

@poetrylover828 Those are beautiful! The batiks are so bright and cheerful. I also am finding masks dull as dishwater (those ties take forever!) but it feels kind of frivolous to be sewing anything else.

2 Likes

I hate that it feels like sewing for yourself is bad. Maybe I should be sewing more masks and donating them but I don’t want to sew them. I still have a few more to finish up and it’s not much but I don’t have motivation because it’s bleh. The people who are still going strong making them are great. But once I’m done with the few masks I need to finish I’m going to be done. And I am letting myself be okay with that.

6 Likes

Is anybody interested in a thread for pattern review for mask making? I’ve checked out dozens of tutorials and most of them have a mix of good and bad design aspects. I’ve made a few styles but honestly, I’m going to mash the best ideas together and come up with something that is functional, takes an optional filter, and is FAST and easy to put together.

3 Likes

You guys, this came across my feed…it is a fast way to make the ties for the mask ties…if you want to put bias all around, it is faster just to unpick about 7 inches than it is to iron and such…this works!

Bias tape ties fast and no tools except paper

1 Like

I finally made masks.

9 Likes

I love the two fabric ones!!!

2 Likes

And I’m a big fan of the soccer ones - there’s so much going on with that fabric you barely notice the seam down the middle

2 Likes

And the doll clothes, they keep on coming…

Some Day I’ll get around to taking pictures of the other stuff I’ve made recently, but it was not this day.

13 Likes

I’ve been busy and can finally share a few of the things I’ve made lately!
Skeletal Walrus Embroidery
Weird Animals Bunting
Crochet Plant Seedling with jar
Lava Java: April Stitchalong

4 Likes