CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

I got my me project finished! I loved these goofy alien fabrics and then I came across this awesome world map panel and I thought the colors might go. And they did!! So now I have an alien invasion quilt! I used the Mojave pattern from Villa Rosa and added a little more to it so it was a good size for me. Now I need to pick a backing and get it quilted!

When I get better photos I will make a post just for it.

11 Likes

This is such a fun quilt, so much to see and I love how colourful it is!

1 Like

Thank you! I love how it turned out.

1 Like

So many wonderful things about that quilt…but mostly fun things! I love the world and the aliens together!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I finished this quilt for my sister’s birthday!

9 Likes

It’s so amazing!!! I really like the border fabric, too!

1 Like

I’ve gotten a lot done, but not posted. Just not motivated. But having the list here at least serves as a reminder of what I want to get done.

1 Like

Playing a little catch - up! There will be more…

In February I did a couple of private swaps and made several sets of notecards!

Mermaid notecards

Cheerful notecards

Steampunk notecards

I especially liked how the mermaids turned out.

12 Likes

The mermaids are great!

1 Like

Dresses, quilts, cards, and masks - I love the variety of things to admire in this thread! All brilliant!!

2 Likes

I made this miniature swap package for the first quarter art challenge!

9 Likes

I think I’m up to 69 masks now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

Very cute tiny things! And those are some fun masks!

I had some fun and work cute out for me with my project this week! I decided to try making my first knit fabric clothes! I had made a pair of pj pants out of woven that aren’t great but turned out pretty good. But this week I pull out the curved hem tank pattern from Ellie and Mac and got to work. I’m very happy with how it turned out.

7 Likes

Cool minis @Bunny1kenobi

That’s a lot of masks @tendstowardschaos! Where are they all going?

@poetrylover828 your top looks great and the print is cute

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m so happy with it

2 Likes

My husband’s company ordered masks for their employees back in February, but they haven’t shown up. Our state is now requiring businesses to provide masks for their employees (it’s manufacturing, so social distancing is easy enough already), so the president (my BIL) asked if I could make some. My SIL and another employee’s wife are also making masks. It looks like masks are going to be ‘normal’ for a while, so I’ll be making more to make sure my family has what they need.

4 Likes

Cool things everyone! Great top, the miniatures are amazing, and, wow!! So many masks!

I’ve been playing with my watercolours recently.

10 Likes

Love the note cards…you always do nice cards, @Bunny1kenobi!

@tendstowardschaos I made the “mistake” of posting on my FB page that I made some masks for my family…now all of my friends are requesting them. I don’t mind because I want them all to be safe, but I am taking a break. You are awesome to jump in and help…my boss paid me to make a few for his family and our employees…I used the money to get elastic shipped. Everyone is trying to do what they can…awesome!

@jemimah I love your watercolors…I got a brand new set of colors and hope to do more art this year…I retired so I could go to the beach and paint…guess that will be a bit in the future…

@poetrylover828 Your top did turn out really cute! Did you like sewing with the knits? Are you planning to do more?

5 Likes

I’ll look forward to seeing them when you do get time. It will happen! :art:

2 Likes