CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

I love your little bird stitching!

I played with masterboards today and I turned them into Masterboard atc blanks.

10 Likes

Those are so pretty. It’s hard to say which my favorite is from the visible ones.
I have a long way to go to get there myself but I’m practicing!

1 Like

Thanks. The best part is, is that there is no way to mess up a masterboard! If you don’t like something, just keep layering!! Also, the magic really happens when you cut them up! Or, in this case, once they are cut up then mounted!

3 Likes

Niiiicccee! But I’m not surprised! :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s been a while since I finished anything but I managed to knit a pair of socks this week! Zig zag socks

4 Likes

30 more masks brings me to 99 total. I guess I left my goal of 50 projects for this year in the dust. At least I can get back to my quilt without feeling like there’s something more important I should be working on. Except the dishes, I feel bad neglecting those to craft… lol, no I don’t.

11 Likes

I started out strong on this craft-along, but low level depression/low motivation has caused me to not feel like posting photos. I got a lot of the items I’ve listed either done or started, but right now I’m working on finishing up swap items and items for DH for our anniversary on the 18th. I do enjoy looking at what everyone else is doing, though!

4 Likes

I made another plague mask! I used both fusible fleece and an interfacing so it is a little stiffer. The eyes still look a little weird but I love it!

7 Likes

Snap.
So lacking in mojo.
I was hoping to get more sewing done and some of the bigger jobs around the house tackled - decorating the hall (had supplies for months), sorting the garden (have a rotten wood framed deep bed I want to replace with a tyre garden) - and I have managed a fraction of the seeing and not even contemplated the bigger projects.
Sounds like you might be ahead of me in completing stuff, well done for that! Every little bit helps.

3 Likes

I’m crushing it. So many projects tackled, I work for hours in the studio almost every day. It’s likes full time job! I passed 50 projects months ago. Not that it matters, there’s still stash & UFOs all over the place. I am really rethinking how I do this crafting life. If I can’t run out of stuff on purpose during months of quarantine, I still have way too much of it.

3 Likes

I am listening to the last episode of a DnD campaign (I am definitely crying cus I love this podcast) and made a cute bag. I used the Michael Miller cocktail fabric that I used to make a runner. This is the stand and stow bag. It was pretty easy and I like how it turned out!

9 Likes

Love all the sewing projects. I haven’t been motivated to sit at the machine though I promised my partner I’d make us all cloth masks this weekend. He and the kid need to take the fur babies to the vet on Monday. So I guess I better get on it tomorrow since there is only one day left this weekend.

However I did make another shrinky dink necklace

9 Likes

oh so beautiful! The color is gorgeous! What a unique piece to wear…bet you get a lot of compliments on this one!

3 Likes

I’m still working on that huge blanket project which is fine because I am also kind of afraid of my sewing machine which is stupid, it’s not diffusing a bomb for pete’s sake! Worst that will happen is I ruin some fabric and maybe idk hurt myself a little? (is that even possible? I’m a lunatic this is ridiculous.)
But! I have only 42 more rows on the blanket (then the border) so the end is in sight…

… The machine lurks in the corner staring me down and tapping it’s foot pedal menacingly as it waits me out…

3 Likes

My man pointed out to me that when I acquire a new tool, I let it sit in the corner for ages until I get brave enough to test it out. That includes sewing machines and I have been using those since I was 8 years old. The warranty expires before I crack open the box!
Watch some videos my friend, then test out a few basic things. Success with those will give you confidence and any time you aren’t sure how to do a thing, watch another video! It’s like having a free teacher right there with you! I paid thousands of dollars for that sort of instruction (totally worth it at the time), now everybody else can get it all for free any time, night or day. It’s awesome.

3 Likes

I am so glad to hear you are nearing the end of your blanket! You have been quite steady at getting it done…it will be such a huge accomplishment!

I got a Cricut for Christmas probably at least five years ago…it is still in the box…I thought about not packing it up to bring with me…I have plenty of projects to keep me busy, but if I don’t use it this year, I have decided to let it go. I tend to buy so many things on impulse.

3 Likes

freshly finished!

12 Likes

@wereradletshug I am in love with that quilt! The scrappy red blocks give it so much more dimension.

2 Likes

Love it! Going to go check out your separate post!

2 Likes