CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

Love all the sewing projects. I haven’t been motivated to sit at the machine though I promised my partner I’d make us all cloth masks this weekend. He and the kid need to take the fur babies to the vet on Monday. So I guess I better get on it tomorrow since there is only one day left this weekend.

However I did make another shrinky dink necklace

9 Likes

oh so beautiful! The color is gorgeous! What a unique piece to wear…bet you get a lot of compliments on this one!

3 Likes

I’m still working on that huge blanket project which is fine because I am also kind of afraid of my sewing machine which is stupid, it’s not diffusing a bomb for pete’s sake! Worst that will happen is I ruin some fabric and maybe idk hurt myself a little? (is that even possible? I’m a lunatic this is ridiculous.)
But! I have only 42 more rows on the blanket (then the border) so the end is in sight…

… The machine lurks in the corner staring me down and tapping it’s foot pedal menacingly as it waits me out…

3 Likes

My man pointed out to me that when I acquire a new tool, I let it sit in the corner for ages until I get brave enough to test it out. That includes sewing machines and I have been using those since I was 8 years old. The warranty expires before I crack open the box!
Watch some videos my friend, then test out a few basic things. Success with those will give you confidence and any time you aren’t sure how to do a thing, watch another video! It’s like having a free teacher right there with you! I paid thousands of dollars for that sort of instruction (totally worth it at the time), now everybody else can get it all for free any time, night or day. It’s awesome.

3 Likes

I am so glad to hear you are nearing the end of your blanket! You have been quite steady at getting it done…it will be such a huge accomplishment!

I got a Cricut for Christmas probably at least five years ago…it is still in the box…I thought about not packing it up to bring with me…I have plenty of projects to keep me busy, but if I don’t use it this year, I have decided to let it go. I tend to buy so many things on impulse.

3 Likes

freshly finished!

12 Likes

@wereradletshug I am in love with that quilt! The scrappy red blocks give it so much more dimension.

2 Likes

Love it! Going to go check out your separate post!

2 Likes

Very cute quilt! I like the star and patchwork pattern.

2 Likes

Made this cat quilt earlier this week. I used Villa Rosa’s pattern Honor to get an idea of what I wanted my final quilt to look like and adjusted it to fit my fabrics. The cat print is a boarder fabric that I loved when I saw it. So I am really happy I was able to make such a cute quilt with it. Now to get it to the quilter so I can figure out binding.

11 Likes

i love that fabric with the falling kitties!

2 Likes

I did too! These aren’t usually my colors but I love how it turned out.

4 Likes

I’ve far surpassed my 50 back in March I think. I’ve been working away but not posting everything. I love all the projects here.

My cousin’s soon to be step son is turning six so we are doing a drive by party for him today. I was told he loves Spider Man so I made this sign for him. Spidy came out wonky but I hope the kid likes it.

9 Likes

I have been playing with my cricut and made some bags and masks. I got the bags on clearance from Hobby Lobby as soon as they reopened.

And I made some play aprons for my kids. They always want to be in the kitchen with me for cooking and science experiments.

9 Likes

I made a set of patriotic mug rugs for my MIL for Mother’s Day.

11 Likes

aww those aprons are so cute…I bet a lot of kids have been “helping” in the kitchen!

Those are really pretty mug rugs…the quilting on them make them look like shooting stars!

2 Likes

I have been ordering a lot of different craft supplies on line since I got my stimulus. I figured now was the perfect time to learn something new. I got a needle felting kit and made this

And I got a lot of crochet thread so I could learn needle tatting. Well I still have to wait for my tatting needle but I used a long quilting needle and made this

10 Likes

Some more doll clothes to add to the amazing mix of projects that everyone else has been doing. Yes, I’m kind of a one-trick pony, but I enjoy my one trick a lot.

I made three of these in various sizes:

And four more in a variety of sizes using this fabric:

11 Likes

They look great! What do you do with them? Do you sell them, since you make so many? They definitely look good enough to sell. Your fabric choice is always perfect.

1 Like

Oh, I am drooling over the bird!

I’m glad @Immaculata asked you @Trillian what you do with the doll clothes as I was just about to too.

1 Like