CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

Made another shrinky dink necklace.

I think I’m going to try my hand at a dimensional flower piece next. The flowers around the neighborhood are inspiring me. I’ll have to dig out my heat gun.

13 Likes

That is gorgeous!

2 Likes

Oh that’s really pretty! I’m excited to see some flower pieces as well.

2 Likes

I hit my 50! I posted them in my post way up there.

I actually have 3 more finished projects, but I can’t post them just yet. [waggles eyebrows]

3 Likes

I just posted project #24. I still have a few projects on their way to their recipients so I can’t post them yet and I feel I probably forgot a few.

My list

5 Likes

I made my first assemblage piece!

13 Likes

I really love how you did the colorwork here, it gives it a nice “aged” look that really adds to the interest of the whole.

2 Likes

Totally love that turquoise!!

2 Likes

May’s stitchalong offering!

More info here.

7 Likes

Awwwww…so cute!

I finished my rainbow quilt!

17 Likes

It is one of the prettiest rainbow quilts I have ever seen…oh those colors are just beautiful together…

2 Likes

Gorgeous quilt!

3 Likes

Ohh that is so pretty!! Way too many half square triangles though XD

2 Likes

I cheat. I start with two squares, sew around the edges, then cut the square - corner to corner - until I have four squares. They end up as bias squares, but I’m really careful to match up seams when I join them and not stretch them out.

3 Likes

I love the new technique I found on HST…I will never use another method! Accordian half Square triangles…awesome

3 Likes

@tendstowardschaos I’ve seen that method and I’ve been meaning to try it. Just haven’t had a project for it.

@AIMR that’s a pretty cool way to do it. Though I wish it was a little more chain piecing friendly… maybe doing a leader quilt that way would be fun.

1 Like

I actually do a few methods depending on my mood…I like the 4 at a time and also the chain piecing…sometimes you want to go fast, sometimes not…that is what I love about quilting…the same with flying geese…I like the process…and the results are generally the same…all fun!

2 Likes

I also finished up a quilt top last night! The prints are Charlie Harper bark cloth from Birch fabric. So they are textured. The cream/tan is a woven that has a similar texture to the bark cloth.

12 Likes

Wow! All these lovely quilt projects! And I think that HST method is pretty cool. I’m not much of a quilter but I’d like to try it sometime!

3 Likes