CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

oh that is incentive for me to cut you a few more fabrics and just ship what I have…lol…I love your hexie project!

1 Like

Thank you so much in advance! I need to finish up a few Halloween advent swap items first but my goal is to put the hexie quilt on my bed this winter.

1 Like

I changed leggings to a tank top!

4 Likes

Woo another project. All the way up to 4 now :laughing:. It’s a cross stitch of birds at a feeder that my MIL gave to me. I’m not a big cross stitch person, but she had a few that her mom had that were passed on to me. This one will be going back to my MIL since her mom had started it before passing.

Also, does anyone who does do cross stitch have advice on how to get the hoop marks to relax?

12 Likes

I love the older cross stitch patterns…nicely done…I just iron the creases out…I put a tea towel on top so that it doesn’t crush the stitching…

Here is one I finished recently:

I wonder if it is the same company? The colors and style are similar!

8 Likes

Guess I’ll show off some stuff here! It’s in… some kind of order.

1. Heliotaxis shawl - Sept 2020

2. Arachnid hat and mitts set for friend - 11/18/19 - 2/18/20

3. Flickering Pullover (2019 WIP) - 9/7/19 - 3/29/19

4. Slytherin vanilla socks (2019 WIP) - 12/2019 - 4/9/20

5. Heartnut socks - 12/9/2019 - 3/21/20

6. Sockhead hat - 1/2020 - 4/10/20

7. Fingerless mitts to match sockhead hat

8. Appia cowl - 2/4/20 - 2/29/20

9. Bamboo Stitch Alpaca cowl - 2/5/2020 - 2/15/2020

10. Little Sock Arms baby sweater - 4/30/20-5/6/20

11. Gen Tee sweater - 3/30/20 - 4/30/20

12. Astrantia socks - 4/4/20 - 4/24/20

13. Barley Light hat - 4/11/20 - 4/13/20

14. Summer baby sweater - 4/15/2020 - 4/23/2020

15. Wool diaper soakers - 5/10/20 - 5/19/20

16. Soleie Shell tank top - 5/27/20 - 6/10/20

17. Birds of a Feather shawl - 2/15/20 - 5/27/20

18. Ripple socks - 6/1/20 - 6/20/20

19. Rainbow vanilla socks - 6/15/20 - 7/8/20

20. Halloween vanilla socks - 7/1/20 - 7/23/20

21. Autumn Pairfect Vanilla Socks vanilla socks - 4/13/20 - 10/15/2020

22. Coffee cross stitch - completed 7/18/2020

23. Mike’s Custom double knitter scarf - 7/20/2020 - WIP

24. Scrubby dish cloth - 7/11/20 - 7/15/20

25. Manly Kingfisher socks - 8/1/2020 - 9/25/2020

26. Raven for Vintage Halloween Swap items

27. Festive Deer Mug Mat

28. MASKS. For me and family.

29. Witchy Tweedy Socks

30. Celestial Vanilla is the New Black socks

31. Bad Crookshanks drawstring bag

32. Last Unicorn Hat mulligan

34.Sparkly Magnolia Mini Sweater

1. Wolf mug mat

2. SHINY needle felted pouch

3. Skull Doily

4. Baby Burp Cloths

5. Festive Masks

6. Stegosaurus Hat

7. Xmas Hexagon Table Topper

8. more Gift mug mats

9 Likes

I know I am suuuuper late to this thread, but that’s a really great idea! I might go through my craft books and pop a sticky note in one project from each :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ha—late doesn’t start until November at least! If this is providing motivation or accountability for you, it’s all good. :grin:

3 Likes

Never too late to join…it is just a place to keep a list if you are a list maker like me!

I a very scatterbrained in many ways so a list helps me focus…

2 Likes

You have to iron it. Put a cloth over to of it to protect the stitching, and lightly steam iron.

1 Like

I usually soak the fabric in hot water first and then iron it. I only use detergent when there are visible stains.

2 Likes

So many fun and pretty things!

I have been in a crafting stall since May 31st. (I know the date only because i took a photo and it’s date/time stamped) So much mental exhaustion from too many avenues. I named 8/1 as my “back on track” date and at least managed to make dinner! (The poor budget was breaking under the weight of too-frequent take out.) hopefully today i will pick up some yarn (but, Lordy, it is humid out!) and add that crafting time back into my daily rhythms again.

4 Likes

Welcome back…I think a lot of people fell into a slump…general 2020 weariness…good that you set a goal to get back on the horse, so to speak…I go in waves and now I feel super creative (joined some swaps and zoom meetings to help!)…can’t wait to see what you have lined up! Hang in there!

3 Likes

I use Q-Snaps instead of hoops for cross-stitch, and don’t have a problem with deep creases in the fabric. They cost more than a hoop would, but if you stitch regularly they might be worth it.

2 Likes

I have had some on my Amazon shopping list for some time…I just wasn’t exactly sure how they work…is there a size you recommend? I see they have extensions for them as well…

1 Like

I have two Q-snaps, a big and a small one. It’s very easy to use but it’s not always easy to take the stitching out when you’re done. They are easy to use, you put the fabric over the frame and then use the clamps to stretch the fabric. It’s just that the clamps are difficult to take off the frame afterwards.

Thank you. It may be the same company, I already recycled the chart so I’m not sure who it was. :grinning:

2 Likes

They have a 6" for smaller projects, but I like the 8", maybe 11" if I’m doing something really big (I’ve never had to go to 17", haha). I just finished a cross stitch kit and found the amount of fabric was a little smallish and made it difficult to work right along the edge of the design and still get that nice taut tension… so I sewed on a few long fabric scraps along the edge to give me that extra fabric to grasp.

2 Likes

I have made a few topics but forgot to update my progress here. I am halfway through my list. I have been super busy crafting. Some I can’t show until swaps are done, though. Here is some of it:

9 Likes

Lots of crafting going on in your house!

That blanket is really special. I also love the first picture…how is it done?