CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

My DS1 wanted a neckwarmer like the one I made his little brother, but yellow. They’re not really big on scarves, but these are easy to pull on and off. I spun the yarn and dyed it with Wilton’s. It’s just a rectangle with the corners stitched together.

12 Likes

Oooo! I bet this is warm and cozy! I bet it’s a lot easier to play and such in one of these than in a scarf.

2 Likes

This is a really cute idea. Kids don’t have to worry about a scarf coming unwound and getting in the way of playing in the snow!

3 Likes

good idea for adults as well! ha ha

2 Likes

I haven’t been on very much lately but I got a few projects done.

First is this art quilt sort of top. It’s not super big. Around the size of a fat quarter. But I had fun using fabric inks and then sewing on some hexies and cutting the bees out of a piece of fabric.

Then I made some masks to donate to the school I work in.

!

I also made this fabric box. But it didn’t turn out quite as planned because of the stabilizer I used. I’m going to make another one using a softer stabilizer next time.
image|375x500

7 Likes

I’ve had this project saved in draft form for many days while Hector decided to visit the West Coast before going to his new home on the East Coast.

7 Likes

Now that these things are in their new home, I can share them!

Another handful of painted rock magnets:

A ton of tiny zipper pouches:

A cotton tote bag:

The Labyrinth-inspired crystal ball pendant:

And, not a swap item, this hank of Merino handspun:

9 Likes

I’ve finished three projects in the last week or so! YEY! Thr first and third were bigger, the second was a real quicky.

EyeoftheRoseWreath05

11 Likes

That skeleton is intense. Horrifying. Amazing. And possibly all the security you need at your house. Lol

3 Likes

HAHAHA! Or BWAHAHAHAAAAA! Thanks!

1 Like

I made a hat out of some of my handspun for my friend’s birthday. He liked it! Strange to think it’s almost hat weather. The Summer seemed to last forever.

8 Likes

I got so behind on this thread!! I’ve loved spending some time on this rainy Monday morning looking at all the wonderful projects in here - so inspiring!!

I have been crafting away so I’ve updated my list a bit. Looking back over the list, I seem to have been doing a lot of art lately :art: :sparkles:

10 Likes

I’m half-way to 50 as of finishing my daughter’s second puffin friend:

11 Likes

The puffin is done! It’s a really cute puffin.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

How is everyone doing…getting more or less done due to various and multiple hits from the year 2020?

I am at project 127 or so…shooting for 150 by Christmas…simply because I moved (so I really didn’t have time to make new friends or am able to go out much); I retired…so work is not about 10-15 hours a week…I have a huge stash, trying to use it up in case I have to move again!..yeah…crafting has been a lifesaver!

Are you motivated? Less motivated? Riding a roller coaster?

5 Likes

I could not do a thing all summer. I was working on that big blanket we talked about and finished the main body at the end of May and then just… stalled. I tried, I carried yarn around… nothing. Then for September 1st I told myself I had to do some crafting every day for the month (like the February -along does.) and that helped. I’ve done something on a project every day but 2 I think but those were after a day of much crafting so I counted them as “authorized.” haha. (the things we think to justify…) I have trouble just making something for the making of it, the project needs an end need (like a gift for someone specific or a solve to a known challenge.) I tend to start WiPs to nowhere but then never finish them so I’ve stopped doing that for now.
I have to weave in the many, many, many ends on the blanket and do the simple one color border rows then it’ll be done and hopefully shipped out to it’s forever home by 10/1. Granted, it’s huge (covers my queen sized mattress) so maybe hiring an uber to cart it up to her would be cheaper! haha. (Not really, but it is pretty heavy!)

Happy crafting!

5 Likes

I’m at about 25 projects done now. I’ve been doing more of “mindless stitching” - the hexie quilt and cross stitch - and less sewing. I’m in a sewing group and of course that was cancelled for most of the year. Sewing clothes on my own is less fun and I need others to help with the fitting. I’m also still losing weight so every time something is done it doesn’t fit anymore and I need to take it in. Mindless stitching with YouTube or Netflix is what I do when I can’t be bothered to do something productive. Had a lot of days like that over the past 6 months.

I am happy to say I’ll finish the hexie quilt top today or tomorrow though! After 4 years. I think I still need to do about 6 or 8 hexies and then it’s done. I’ve got an idea about how to finish but not entirely sure yet - I’ll post a pic when it’s done so I can hear what you guys think.

We are heading towards a second lockdown so I want to get the quilt basted at the shop ASAP and pick up all the supplies I need until Christmas so I won’t get bored at home.

3 Likes

I’m also planning to have supplies on hand for probable stay-at-home orders during Flu season. Numbers are slowly ticking up here and flu season is about to kick in so I feel it is inevitable.
I’m glad your hexie project is making you happy, cant wait to see it!

2 Likes

A few of my jammies were worn out, so I took a pair of bottoms that fit well and made a pattern from it. I got the fabric on clearance at JoAnn’s. They’re not perfect, but they’re cozy.

17 Likes