CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

Ooh, pretty bias tape! I just got a bias tape folder this year, and I can’t figure out what took me so long. I love custom tapes.

I’m almost up to 200 projects this year :crazy_face: and I’ll probably get there. Here’s the latest batch:

A handspun earwarmer for my SIL.

A couple book covers.

A blank recipe book.

And an embroidered bookmark.

8 Likes

200!? WOWZERS! So much greatness comes from your hands!

2 Likes

Thank you! To be fair, half of that was masks. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

I love that earwarmer! Such pretty colors!

200 projects…wonderful!

1 Like

Every mask counts! In more than one way. :heart:

5 Likes

Y’all. This beast was just about 50 projects all by himself!

If you haven’t already, please join us in the 2020 Nutcracker Along!

6 Likes

I was a few months behind on this thread, but I’m going to work on updating my list right now. I’m also going to change the thread settings so I can get notifications and stay updated on all the great work everyone is doing.

@jemimah I love the artwork you created! The lady and the bird is my favorite. Your watercolor skills are very impressive and the mixed media aspect really adds to the beauty of your picture.

@coryjo I love that you turned your grandma’s shirt into a pillow and that shawl is beautiful! I was curious about what it was going to look like when I read the name, ‘hotel for bees.’ It is a great bee representation both in color and pattern.

5 Likes

I have made so many projects this year. I just added the 7 items I made for the Holiday Present Swap.

4 Likes

Wonderful! I am at 150 projects as of Dec 1. I will be cranking out a bunch in the next two weeks, but I doubt I will hit my all time high of 200. I probably did make over 200 but I didn’t count masks I made for donations…this was the year of the mask.I will say that I really thought I would do more since we had to stay at home, but there were periods of time where the creativity and enthusiasm was just sucked out of me.

I am looking forward to a better 2021…hope everyone is crafting away to reach goals of 1 or 1000!

6 Likes

That’s great. I’m not sure my total, but it’s pretty high.

I still can’t make myself make masks. I made 8 total; I just buy them.

1 Like

I got burned out on them as well…most people I know just use the same ones over and over so once my family and friends each had two, I started telling them to buy them…lol…my sister started making them and after making one, sent me all the fabric and elastic she had purchased…it is all still sitting in a box…ugh

1 Like

I was just staring at my list of finished projects and realising I haven’t posted anything here since April. I have to figure out how to get everything wrapped up for the end of the year, so I apologize in advance for the upcoming project dumps!

7 Likes

I have missed your tiny doll clothes!!!

1 Like

I finished spinning the pygora fiber I purchased on a whim. I decided not to ply with silk thread and opted to chain ply it instead. 1. It spun up so fine that plying with thread would have given me a yarn much lighter than what I really care to work with, and 2. I was pretty sure that I wouldn’t have enough thread to do it (I had just over 300 yards of thread, and, it turned out, about 540 yards of singles). Still, it was a dream to spin (with the exception of all the VM). So, ended up with almost 180 yards of fingering weight yarn.

5 Likes

Even though I have well exceeded 50 projects this year, seeing this thread this morning has made me feel a little like I must craft like I have never crafted before for the next two weeks! Which, of course, is silly. I do have a few more projects in mind over the last days of this (terrible, awful) year, though! [wildly waggles eyebrows]

I think that if I had counted each individual mask I might be close to 200 hundred this year, but I count each batch of masks as one project. I certainly didn’t make as many as a lot of dedicated folks, but I probably put out 60 or 70 with the last 5 being holiday masks for me and a neighbor.

3 Likes

I counted masks as batches as well…but the idea is not the count as much as having a goal to keep us focused…crafting is part of our lives and any bit we can is good! Some people work well with lists, others do not…I just hope people had fun…and for me, I have printed out my list each year with the tiny pictures to use as inspiration and also for memories and ideas.

3 Likes

I can’t say that I stay focused exactly, but I absolutely stay inspired and creating. I like this list as a means of nostalgia and memory sparking. When I type out a list of to-make projects I rarely do many of them and I never feel negatively about it. I mean, look at all the things I * did* make!

2 Likes

I packed up all my crafting supplies until we move but I plan on hitting it hot and heavy in 2021! Keep up the good work everyone!

5 Likes

I love looking back at my list because I forget so much of what I make! Especially when it’s for others. I like posting items on here as well for the same reasons. The pictures are saved in my cloud and are great reminders.

I’ll probably get close to 50 before the end of the year (tomorrow I start the last week of work of 2020) and it wouldn’t have happened without the pandemic and LettuceCraft.

I didn’t count masks at all because making them is a chore and not fun.

6 Likes

I have been updating my list post with SO MANY things.

1 Like