CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

Oooh, this is amazing!

1 Like

How Fun!

1 Like

I’m playing catch-up and have some pics to share of February projects.

Some duds for the 19cm doll:

A batch of dresses for the 16cm crew:

Something for the 12cm gal. This was my first time using lawn and with such tiny seam allowances I spent a lot of time fishing fabric out of my sewing machine’s feed-dogs. This itty-bitty thing caused enough frustration that I’m going to count it as a separate project rather than wait for a batch of three.

A test pattern for the 60cm doll. This girl is huge! After my usual tiny dresses the mind boggles at how much fabric she’s going to use.

That’s all for now, I think. There are a few stragglers still waiting to be batched up, but they’ll probably be caught up in future updates for March.

11 Likes

…faintly boggled at the idea of a standard SD-sized doll using up a lot of fabric. (Ok, I mostly sew for humans.)

Most of my last week was swap stuff, so nothing to show until I actually sort out pictures of birthday party crafts which are still in the bag that came home from the nature center while this Cold of Doom tries to weaken our lungs before the coronavirus even gets here. :roll_eyes: (I tried to walk my child to school this morning, got to the top of the hill, & had to sit down b/c I’d run out of oxygen. Ugh.)

3 Likes

Got it done and it fits!

Skull and crossbones knitted hat

16 Likes

He looks so cool in that hat…and oh my gosh…he sure has grown!

I am glad that you stuck with it…do you feel more confident now to do more?

2 Likes

You are just cruising along with these projects, at #43 already! It is a lovely shawl. I’m currently practicing my crochet skills on a doily.

1 Like

You make such lovely dresses for your girls.

@mellybelly81 yeah! so glad that you were able to get it done and it fits. I hate doing stranded knitting.

1 Like

I was just thinking he’s a lot bigger than the last pic you saw of him!

I can’t say I love it either! But now I know I can do it!

3 Likes

I did a little start-and-finish project today. My sister and I do our grocery shopping together at Aldi each week and she lamented not having a thing to keep her cart quarter attached to her reusable bags so today I dove into (one of) the apothecary jars of remnant yarns, pulled a keyring from my salvaged odds and ends and made her this:

7 Likes

No photo? Did you post before it loaded?

I was juggling posting from the chromebook then fast-edit from the phone to add a pic- you caught me! lol
Then it took me waaaay to long to do it because I was trying to be a cool kid like @AIMR and make it smaller after getting it in the post haha!

2 Likes

Oh, I do that too sometimes! Hah! Anyway, that is super cool and a very helpful idea for the quarter storage situation.

2 Likes

How cool that you whipped something up so quickly! I am seriously thinking of making a bunch of quarter holders and handing them out at Aldi this weekend…Great idea to attach them to a shopping bag…

4 Likes

What a cool idea!

2 Likes

Haven’t done too much. But on Saturday a friend had the idea that we should make (and by we should make meant I should make cus she doesn’t know how to do a lot of crafting) a couple small gifts for these guys we know through DnD. We “met” these guys on a DnD Discord server and at least four of us want to do a meet up sometime. It sounds like the guy are wanting to drive to us so we thought some small gifts made sense.

Anyway one of them is nicknamed Moon Will. So I decided a circle dice bag would make sense. It is pretty big so he can fit a lot of dice in there. I cut the circle 10inches diameter and lost maybe an inch from seams. Both in the little boxes and loose. Where the embroidery is there is a pocket. I might sew in a little Velcro so it can stay closed. But haven’t decided yet.

8 Likes

Oh you know how to win his admiration…forget cooking, crafting is the way! ha ha Have fun and be safe!

2 Likes

Each time I visit this thread, the new projects give me such a boost! Thanks so much everyone for sharing!

2 Likes

Happy Birthday!!

3 Likes

I remember you from Craftster! :smiley: I’m so glad to see you here! Love what you made!

2 Likes