CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

Thank you.

1 Like

I know I’ve said it before, but it really is such a treat to come back to this thread after a couple of weeks and see all the new stuff people have been up to! It’s both inspiring and comforting.

4 Likes

So I’m still doing the 52 week sew along and this week was themed for pinterest inspired projects. The top left photo is my inspiration of fabric roads for toy cars. So I figured out my own measurements (because of course the picture I pinned didn’t link to any) and then found the pattern for the cars in a book I own.

12 Likes

My first socks. Does this count as one or two?

11 Likes

Definitely two socks. One pair, but two socks. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I got a bit of crafty motivation today after doing what I thought was enough house stuff. (Gonna have heaps of time to do house stuff, right?)

I made a small lined drawstring bag. Sorry, lighting is terrible.

I also made this tissue box cover during the week. I didn’t like the boring, doesn’t-match-my-bathroom box. I didn’t want a statement piece, just something to blend in.

Not exactly crafty, but I also framed this cute little coffee cup art for a friend at work, who said how much she liked it.

13 Likes

finally finished my little assemblage project!

2 Likes

Completed this weekend’s atc blitz challenge: Coronavirus: life in 6 words !

3 Likes

Mrs. Mantis Goes to Town

6 Likes

I finished up a bunch of masks for our hospital and a handful for us. Wore one to the grocery store today and was happy to see I wasn’t the only one.

10 Likes

Which ones do you find better? The more fitted ones of the pleated surgical type?

1 Like

Time for another massive project dump of doll clothes. Brace yourself!

There’s a bit more, but I haven’t got the pictures sorted yet.

14 Likes

All is right with the world when I see those little dresses…my favorite is the one in the middle left…such a happy spring fabric!

3 Likes

Owlbert - a crocheted monster amigurumi doll

4 Likes

So many fun projects happening!

I was looking through some project boxes and found this embroidery again. It is one of the main characters from the Webtoon Purple Hyacinth (I did not draw this one I copied the line art). I used fabric inks and lots of purple colors of embroidery floss. And then finally yesterday I pulled it out and found some fabric to frame it and did a facing finish.

6 Likes

so nice to (finally!!) get to some of the WIPS we all have hiding somewhere…

I love this…simple but impactful…love how you framed it up…please don’t tell me the hyacinth is all french knots…:smiley:

2 Likes

I actually showed your project to our friend’s son when he was prepping a portfolio to apply to creative arts highschool! It’s awesome. And ya, those are knots.

3 Likes

Oh it is! It was not my favorite part but it looks good finished.

2 Likes

That’s very cool! I’m glad he liked it. I love the webtoon on the Webtoon app. It’s actually a Victorian crime type story so very fun to read!

1 Like

I’ve only worn the pleated type so far. Went to the grocery store yesterday. It was really comfortable, but my glasses did get a bit fogged up. I don’t suppose there’s any getting around that, though.

The pleated type does work up faster than the fitted ones, but also uses larger pieces of fabric. I definitely prefer ties to elastic around the ears, though.

4 Likes