50 Projects, Let's Do This! 2022

I can mail to Australia! I’d be really happy to help, it’d be the least I could do after how you sent on all those art supplies to me :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

I don’t see anything on Canada Post’s site about postsl restrictions. I could mail it @AIMR. It might be less costly than shipping to NZ first?

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! @AIMR @jemimah @Magpie you are all lovely people!

1 Like

What a lovely and generous group we have here! This saga of getting mellybelly a package from AIMR is like a scalled down version of a smuggling movie!

@Magpie Count how feels right for you! I consider a batch or set one thing and if I do another similar batch of set at another time, I consider it a second thing. So while I made XXX masks, I counted them as X projects because they were in batches of X-XX. But others counted each mask as a individual project. Since there is no prize, there is no “cheating”! YEY!

4 Likes

Well, there is a “prize”…knowing that you are an awesome maker!!! But, yeah…what you said… :heart:

2 Likes

Very good point! There’s a prize, just not a competition for it!

2 Likes

@Magpie If I feel there are multiple crafting achievements, I count things separately.

For instance, I counted custom dyeing some fabric as one project, making it into my first piping as a second project, and using the piping in a dress as part of the dress project. I was rather nervous about that piping, or I probably would have skipped listing the dyeing as a separate project.

When I use piping again, I’ll probably just include it in the main project. because, you know, I’m a piping pro now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You know, I do that, too. Sometimes a “bigger” project includes several “finishes” to itself be completed. For instance a miniature scene or diorama often has several made-from-scratch miniatures included in it and they each feel like their own triumph.

3 Likes

I haven’t done that with minis, I should start. It’s hard to display all the exciting fine details once they’re set into the scene.

1 Like

Yes, you should! I mean, individual miniature components are sold as a thing on their own so if you make it, it could totally count as it’s own project!

3 Likes

Voting is now open for the inspired along challenge, see the entries and vote here

1 Like

So many projects over the long weekend! Mostly for us too. Malas, necklaces, bracelets, suncatchers, all the beaded things!

10 Likes

Are those candy corn beads? :open_mouth:

It makes sense to do a lot of projects while you have all the supplies out…productive weekend!

Yes they are! It’s never too early for Halloween :smile:
I do wear them all at once too, the bracelets at least.

10 Likes

Pretty! I like the stacked look of bracelets and beaded necklaces! I do that with my macrame bracelets…

2 Likes

So many nice bracelets! Now I wanna make some too, but I dont have the materials! :sweat_smile: Love all of your suncatchers!

How is everyone feeling about their project list this year?

Let’s hear from you…every reply to this will earn a ticket for a prize to be awarded June 15!

Have fun and strive to reach your goal, whether it is one project or 150 projects!

1. Are you making more or less than last year?
  2. Are your projects larger or smaller?
  3. Are you doing more new projects or finishing up WIPS?
  4. Are your projects for others, excluding swaps, or yourself?
  5. Have you made things for swaps, community or personal?
  6. Have you made something just random, not on your list, just because you love it or found it while browsing? What did you make? Bonus for a pic! (extra entry)
  7. What was the most favorite thing you made this year? Bonus for a pic! (extra entry)
  8. What was the least favorite thing you made this year?
  9. Did anyone on this site inspire you to make something similar? Shout out with a tag to them and show your project with a pic! Bonus!
6 Likes

I’ve been doing more art journal classes/pages and as a result feel like I’m making less actual “projects”. I’ve done something creative everyday this year so far and I hope to keep the momentum going.

For the most part my projects this year have been for myself, with a few swaps mixed in (Ongoing ATC swap, and a few personal swaps).

I don’t have a list so all of my projects are usually on a whim. Here’s a page I did in February because I felt like playing with watercolors.

My most favorite is so hard to pick! I’d say it’s a toss up between a few

Travel art case

Bumberet towels (in the washing machine now for wet finishing)

Art journal page from a Wanderlust lesson

My least favorite has probably been a few art journal pages that didn’t turn out the way I was hoping. I’m still in heavy learning mode so often my colors don’t work out the way I’d like or I’m unable to get the effect I see in my head.

Thanks for posting the questions, it was fun to go back through my photos and remember everything I’ve done already this year.

Edited to add - I forgot to add that I was inspired to make @MistressJennie’s spiced pear muffins! They were so good!

10 Likes

That art journal is something I missed! I am hoping that we will all get to revisit favorites of ours and others…always inspiring. I am aware that I will probably be adding to my already long list of things I want to make.

Your pictures are inspiring! It is fabulous to see you go from textile to paper so readily…both influence the other and your style is emerging nicely!

2 Likes

Are you making more or less than last year? So far I think its less, but overall I aim for more.

Are your projects larger or smaller? I do them both. Its nice to have variations in time and effort needed.

Are you doing more new projects or finishing up WIPS? More new projects, but trying to work on some WIPs too.

Are your projects for others, excluding swaps, or yourself? As making stuff and giving away is my love language, I do mostly for other. But some bits and pieces stays with me.

Have you made things for swaps, community or personal? I have made for swaps, and Im planning on doing for some charitys too. But mainly its personal.

Have you made something just random, not on your list, just because you love it or found it while browsing? What did you make? Bonus for a pic! (extra entry) Yes! How can you not?! (my latest project that is not finished just yet)

What was the most favorite thing you made this year? Bonus for a pic! (extra entry) I think its the tiny croc that I knitted for my brother. Just because it was an fast and easy, and also fun project. And if you want, you can hide candy or whatever in his mouth! :smiley:

What was the least favorite thing you made this year? I think the grey little amigurumi wolf is my least favorite thing. He turned out smaller and not as I had in mind. But he is still cute.

Did anyone on this site inspire you to make something similar? Shout out with a tag to them and show your project with a pic! Bonus! Oooh, there are some who have inspired. I did not participate in the suncatcher class, but there were so many beautiful, so I took some beads and made my own (last year tho). But one I have a photo of should be one of my ATC’s that I made. I dont remember who did the art thou and I cant find it again, but it was so beautiful!
Here is my attempt:

11 Likes