80s Cinco de Mayo ATC Triptych

As I was browsing the site, I saw someone had the theme of Cinco de Mayo for an ATC swap. That got me excited to do some tiny art.

I used some cardboard from a block of chocolate that was destined for the recycling. Painted them with two coats of matt black acrylic paint and then went to town with my Posca markers… my new arty loves! :heart_eyes:
The colours of my newest Posca reminded me so much of that 80s style art, that that’s the direction the other two ATCs headed. I hope that somehow they all tie in together :stuck_out_tongue:

While I had the paint out, I painted four new pages in my mini journals, ready for my next Alisa Burke lessons.

A sneak peek of the underpaper doodling page :upside_down_face:

Thanks for looking :hugs:

15 Likes

Ooh, I just saw in the Snapshot thread you’d painted lots black and now I know why! Did you use Posca pens? They are so cute, and that is a fun theme!

1 Like

I sure did!
I’m now on a mission to get every colour :stuck_out_tongue: they are so great!

1 Like

I looove the 80s style doodles!!!

1 Like

These are so fun and funky!

1 Like

Your cactus is fantastic!

1 Like

I love how your cactus looks like it’s doing a little dance!
Love Posca! I have to force myself NOT to get addicted to them. I spent to much time and money on my Copics. I must remain loyal, but I can be friends and and visit them from time to time. LOL!

1 Like

And you are so good at marker art, so that makes sense! :hugs:
The good thing is there is only a fraction of the number of posca colours as compared to copics :wink:

1 Like

The exact descriptors I was looking for :arrow_up:.

2 Likes

I like that you can buy just the tips for Poscas or just flip them around, just like copics!

What a fun set…so bright and happy!

1 Like