A Garden Pin Board w/ Mini Tute

As many know, I have a slight enamel pin collecting addiction, so I’m constantly looking for new ways to display them. I recently decided I needed a lovely garden themed mini-pin board! It’s a no glue, simple supply project. I saved a few in progress shots of how I make these (in less than five minutes!).

These are the only supplies you need:
Small art canvas
Fabric large enough to wrap around the back frame
Thumb tacks
Scissors

Starting with your canvas and fabric:

Cut the fabric into a rectangle with enough over hang that you can fold it and pin to the back with thumbtacks. I used a small flour sack towel here so two sides needed less extra over hang since the edges were already “finished”. I tacked down all but the corners initially:

And then folded the corners down to tack last and fairly uniformly. You could also tack some ribbon onto the back for hanging the board on the wall. I didn’t do that this time but I have before without any issues:

And there you go! Hey… what are you guys doing…

HEY! Get out of my garden!!

Well dang it. I guess this is actually a bug trap!

Just pin those bad boys on and you are good to go!

18 Likes

Awww! Happy little bugs in their new home.

2 Likes

You could patent this as a pest trap…will it catch flies?

3 Likes

So much empty space - how quickly will this be filled up? lol

3 Likes

What a clever way to display your pins and still have access for wearing them, too!

1 Like

You had to ask.

I went and waved it over my pin stash, and here’s what jumped on - on a couple relocated off another board:

9 Likes

:joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

Ooh, thanks for the tute!

2 Likes

Adorable! Thanks for the tute! I’ve been wanting another after the one you sent me got filled up. It’s way easier to make than I was thinking. I was WAY over complicating things in my mind!

2 Likes

I don’t remember if yours has foam on the back. If you don’t want to have to put the pin backs on while they are on the board, you can fill the back with a thick sheet of foam (like from those foam floor play mats) and glue it in with something strong (I use E6000). I have made several with foam for other people, but none of the ones I kept have foam, lol.

1 Like

A bug trap!! :laughing: :raised_hands:

2 Likes

What a fab place to keep your pest collection!

2 Likes

these can’t possibly be pests! They’re just too cute!

3 Likes

So cute! And it’s amazing how fast those bugs found their way on board. :joy:

2 Likes

Your garden turned bug trap is a success! Thanks for sharing the tute as well as a few of your awesome bugs.

2 Likes

This is beautiful

1 Like