A heap of bacons!

I recently made these for a personal swap. They were received, so here they are!

The request was five, but unfortunately one of them went bad :laughing: Each one is just a little different. One was made with a smaller hook, one has a missing eye, there are variations on face placement, arm/leg length, and foundation chains, stitch method, etc. So each one is unique, just like a real family.

I had a lot of fun making these, and I hope their individual personalities can be seen! Mailing them was funny because the post office asks for details when you ship internationally. Apparently I wasnt clear enough writing “fiber crafts” on the customs form, so I pulled up the picture for the clerk and she laughed, then asked to see them again at the end of the transaction.

27 Likes

I love them! They are the absolute bomb-giggetty best-burger of all time. Each kid picked a fave, my big boy took 2 because he couldn’t choose between good & bad bacons, lol. One’s going to my bacon lovin’ sister because it will crack her right up :laughing: :bacon:. Eye patch guy is mine, he’s just so weird. I expect a lot of questions about him, then we’ll all gather our bacons together & tell stories about their personalities. Ha! What fun!

8 Likes

So many adorable bacons! (even the bad one :laughing:)

4 Likes

These are a hoot! A rasher of bacon if every I saw one! I admire your restraint with the customs form, I probably wouldn’t written “anthropomorphic yarn bacon” just to be both extra compliant AND weird.

8 Likes

I love that they each are a little different. It makes them individual and keeps you from getting bored making the same thing over and over. Love the green bacon. He’s mad!

2 Likes

Love the bacon dudes!

2 Likes

I love all their little personalities!

2 Likes

What fun! I will never look at bacon the same…lol…

I often wonder what customs thinks of some of our projects…I bet it makes their day!

2 Likes

Hahaha…they’re awesome! Love the story about the PO clerk. :laughing:

3 Likes

What a wonderful bacon troupe! I love their personalities!

2 Likes

Ha ha! The varied characters are tops! :bacon: :bacon: :bacon:

2 Likes

OMG These are the are so freaking cool!!!

1 Like

These are too cool! Love the baddie!

1 Like

Haha! These are awesome!

1 Like

You are so good at stitching ami faces and capturing personality with them. How absolutely amazing!!! They are so adorable.

1 Like

:heart: :bacon: :yarn: Congratulations! Your fantastic project has been Featured this week! :yarn: :bacon: :heart:

1 Like

Omg, those are just amazing! They would be just awesome ornaments! Great work!