I am doing a weaving project with a vintage metal Lily SpeedOWeave, and really bulky yarn is not something I have a lot of in my stash, so I took advantage of a sale at Joann’s and grabbed some Lion T&Q. While I was at it, I also grabbed some Bernat Blanket to try. I had never used it, and quickly learned that a ) It would NOT work on the loom, and b ) I sorta hated it. (I really need to remind myself at any shopping trip that I hate almost every chenille-type yarn ever made.)
But I had three large skeins of the stuff. And I am never short of wild hairs. So I made this:
He is missing a tail and is a little patchworky because I was NOT going to buy more of this stuff so I really just made do with colors for the most part. I literally have just a handful of yarn left. His head is 1ft in diameter and sitting he is 2ft tall.
I used a worsted weight amigurumi pattern from Nicole Chase. I did make a couple of small changes to accommodate the huge yarn. (Everything started with 6sc into a magic circle and then 2sc into each, but in the huge scale this turned out conical rather than flat. Which worked for his nose and horns, but I adjusted it to 9sc in a magic circle, the 2sc into 1sc, 1sc into next 2 for the feet and body and it was much better.)