Advice on colours needed

I love the green of vintage kitchen utensils.

https://tinyurl.com/Vintage-green

It’s warmer than seafoam, looks great with cream and wood colors.
Maybe a darker shade on bottom, lighter on top.

1 Like

What kind of lighting will you have in the kitchen? I ask because maybe you could play with the type of bulb to get more of a sunny “daylight” light going artificially… or would that be weird? My family calls me “eccentric in a whimsical fashion” so I may not be the most realistic one to listen to here…

1 Like

Sooo My house was a foreclosure and last remodeled in the late 80’s/early 90’s when Seafoam green was all the rage! The trim around the exterior windows, door, and wall to wall carpeting in 5 places and the entire kitchen was painted all seafoam green. The one color I do not like in life LOL Seafood green! Here is seafoam green and the last bit of carpeting I still will need to remove

So its a personal choice on this green color way. Its just not me at all. I find it yellows over time and is not appealing!

I think I would go for a cream color like the stove either pickled as shown or even just fully painted out in a gloss or a chalk paint that’s then waxed. Then the piece you picked for drama could be any color you desire. I nice cobalt blue or something would really pop with all the creams and keep the room light with the one bold piece.

Oh, gosh, I would leave the dark wood; it’s such a lovely old-cherry color. (I’m no help…) The carving on the bottom doors is great, too.

1 Like

So my builder has put the top of the unit on the wall and I absolutely love it!!

And we’ve chosen a colour. I was really seduced by the seafoam and all the greens, but the stove is a definite cream and in our light the pale greens just didn’t work.

So we have decided on this very pale blue. Icehouse by Colourtrend Paints it’s an Irish historic colour and so it will work on our light. Also because it’s such a large piece I want it to be fairly pale. We are having dark blue on the island so it all tones better. And when I say I’ve decided, it’ll be until I get a tester and try it out.

6 Likes

Very pretty! My kitchen is now a similar color
dulux-stencil-blue-paint-color-match-2

1 Like

Perfect! I love it. Go you!

I think a pale blue would be lovely, especially with that other blue piece…

lol, I know I suggested seafoam green, but I also bought a home that was decorated in that color along with dusty rose and a weird blue, so personally, those are not colors I like for myself. I am a dark, jewel tones person and love burgandy, navy, forest green, etc.

I think the piece looks amazing as is but I understand wanting to blend it with the entire look! It will be great and you will have what you dream.

That is a ridiculously gorgeous colour with the pale wood and creamy stove. It’s going to look so great, the cabinets are so special.

See, I prefer wood above all, even if it’s not mismatched, but that’s not for everybody. I can imagine how this will look and I think it will be beautiful.

2 Likes

Since you already have some colors picked out, you might want to try out an online color palette generator. You can set and ‘lock’ certain colors into your palette and then let the generator pick out the rest. They’re mainly used for graphic design, but I really like them for art in general.

1 Like

Labour intensive but oof, the results are so good. I’d want to use a colour rather than black for the hightlight, then I’d use that shade on the inside of the cupboards & drawers too. Lot of work tho, ages to do it.

1 Like