Altered Altoid Tin Tutorial

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

I have a stash of tins just waiting to be altered, and your tutorial will help me to take my first steps.

I’m pretty sure that many of my tins have the embossed lids. Do you have tips to mask that or fill it in?

I think there was talk about this somewhere before but I can’t remember what solutions were proposed. I glued felt on to the front of one. I might try hammering it from the inside onto a flat surface to see if that levels out the raised parts.

1 Like

I haven’t really looked for a solution to the raised tin tops; I remove the those tops and use the open tins for shrines. I still have a few flat tins in my stash, and when I run out of those, I know they carry flat lidded tins at Alpha Stamps.

1 Like

I am going to have to look for an altoid equivalent in this neck of the woods. They don’t sell them over here.

Great tutorial Racky

Trader Joes has some tins without the embossed top. They are not quite the same size as altoids. They come with ginger mints in them (yum).

2 Likes

These are amazing, @racky!

1 Like

I do remember seeing this tutorial, and it’s as cool now as it was back then. This is the tutorial that made me look for tins online because we don’t have that many here in Norway, but i didn’t buy them, sadly, so I have yet to make any cool tin myself. I love the scrapbook paper you used

Thank you for posting this tutorial here… I am inspired to jazz up my Altoids tins that house my watercolors. Just need a theme now!