Ami Book Challenge February entry: Dinosaur in a turtleneck

This year I joined a challenge on Instagram called the #AmiBookChallenge. Basically, a fellow crocheter acknowledged that many of us collect pattern books but never get around to using them much, so for this year, we’re all gonna try to make one ami per month from a book we already own. My February ami was from Dinosaurs, Mammoths, and More: Prehistoric Amigurumi.

I chose this particular pattern for February because Feb is a short month and this little dude looked pretty easy. As it turns out, it was! But it still took me most of the month to finish because I sat around procrastinating for AGES before I finally braved my messy closet to search for wire and wire cutters to hold the little guy’s head up under the weight of his head. Still, all told, pretty easy and fun, and I think it turned out pretty cute!!

19 Likes

I want to know this dino!

1 Like

Oh, the little turtleneck sweater! Adorable!

2 Likes

So, so cute. His face looks so sweet.

We should totally do a pattern book challenge here, too.

1 Like

This guy reminds me of a lizard from a picture book I have somewhere… cute!

1 Like

I love his great big eyes and his long, long neck. He’s rocking that turtleneck sweater (that of course is completely inadequate to cover that disproportionate neck!) Worth digging out the wire for him.

Great challenge theme, as well. I know I’ve got some old pattern books just gathering dust.

1 Like

Eeps! @Kwality570 Did you see this little guy. She made me one as a gift and I love it. This pattern is so cute! He looks so inquisitive! Great color choice too.

2 Likes

Oooh! It does seem like Kwality and I have a lot of the same tastes in amis!! XD

1 Like

That’s a great idea! I wonder if March would be too late to start this as a Craftalong here…

2 Likes

What a cool challenge and an excellent little friend!

2 Likes

I think it would be fine to jump in anytime!

1 Like

Ooh, he’s sooooo cuuuuuute!

1 Like