January 2, 2020 - Announcing Founding Members

lettuce_avatarflair_foundingmembers_150

Founding Members are basically the original Lettuce Craft unicorns. :unicorn: When our previous home (Craftster) abruptly closed its doors, these members creatively joined hands, and arms, and craft supplies to support in building a new community (the one you are on right now!).

In addition to the Founding Members themselves, @MistressJennie, @PerfectlyBohemian, and @sheepBlue snorted insane amounts of glitter to organize their personal fundraiser and to lead the Founding Members here. Historians actually refer to them as the Leaders of the Unicorns. It’s that serious.

If you participated in the Ebay sale, or donated directly to Mistress Jennie, in the coming weeks, you will find a permanent avatar flair has been applied to your profile. Please be patient as we apply these. Each one is tattooed by hand onto your avatar. Each little pixel is actually glitter harvested from a secret land far away. It takes a bit of time to organize those sparkly little flecks into a the shape of a heart. As you know, glitter sticks to everything.

Six months after Lettuce Craft opens its doors to the public, no additional members will ever be noted as Founding Members. The members of this group will forever be honored here. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Edited to add: Information about the personal fundraiser can be found here Craft Stars Garage Sale Fundraiser Information

40 Likes

Does this count for those who bought items on eBay or just those that donated items to be sold?

5 Likes

I like glitter.

5 Likes

Both!!*

*If Mistress Jennie was able to connect the purchase transaction to an old Cster username. From what I saw, she was able to connect nearly everyone, which is insane to me. But again, I already noted they are insane. Erm, I mean… they snorted insane amounts. :laughing:

6 Likes

:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

:nose::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::unicorn:

1 Like

Well-deserved! This is an insanely awesome trio of humans. :smiley:

Can I give bonus glitter to @MistressJennie? If not for her enticing encouragement I would not have been brave enough to list my eBay offering or snagged the perfect item. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Oh yessss I love my package of dyed squares :smiley: They are destined for the wings of future moth guys :wink: So glad you donated!!

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see!

Oh my gosh, there were new items since I last checked - and I was too late to buy the one I wanted! @Lynx if there’s any chance you can make another LC bracelet, I will buy it for sure. :broken_heart:

1 Like

Yes, @MistressJennie deserves all the bonus glitter. I can’t imagine how much time she spent listing and tracking all these items. Last time I checked the fundraiser sold 102 items.

I donated a few items and while my little contributions are just a drop in the ocean, I was really happy to be able to do something at a time I felt really powerless and not in control. I knew I had to do what I could to keep the community I’ve been part of since 2007 alive.

5 Likes

I plan on making tons more. Check back, I have one more for her to list!

3 Likes

@AcadianDriftwood, I’m about to list the second one right now!

1 Like

OK, it’s up. Go for it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, were you the one who got that? They looked awesome!

Yes! That’s a lot of hard work, thank you! :sparkles::sparkles::sparkling_heart:

I’m still so blown away by the number of donors and buyers. You guys rock so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

There was glittery yarn :sparkling_heart:

Yessssssssssssss I got it!! Thank you @MistressJennie and @Lynx!

4 Likes

There was some FB stalking involved. @PerfectlyBohemian matched cats on Instagram to identify one buyer. She wins a gold star for that bit of magic. :star:

14 Likes

Yay! I just snagged those “lettuce craft” zipper pulls… I don’t need three though. I might sneak a couple into future swap packages. :wink:

Also, can’t wait for the magical glitter hearts. :unicorn::two_hearts:

5 Likes