Any Bullet Journalers Out There?

I didn’t know you could use them on fabric! Now I have to go experiment…

1 Like

They are great! It disappears when you iron the fabric. It works better than any kind of transfer pen or pencil I’ve tried before.

2 Likes

I’m going to look into that for my mom. She’s a huge sewer. Back in the day, she sewed the bridesmaid dresses for both of my sisters’ weddings.

Is there a certain color you use for fabric?

1 Like

I only have the black one. I know some ladies in my sewing circle are very much opposed to using transfer pens because they are worried about the lines reappearing eventually but after 5 years of using a frixion pen, that hasn’t happened to me so far.

Woot woot! I found y’all!

2 Likes

What is your favorite bullet journal pen? PILOT G2 is my favorite. The ink of these pens flows incredibly smoothly, which is why it’s perfect for longer writing. The ink dries out quickly, so you don’t have to worry about smearing. You’ll love this writing tool for colorful and more spirited bullet journaling.

Look at the Sharpie S-Gel pens too. These have been my most recent go-to. Love them. Except my calendar blocks are sometimes too small for writing in a lot of info. :disappointed:

1 Like

We’re coming up on the time of year when people are starting to set up their bullet journal for 2022. What are your must have beginning of the year spreads or collections?

Here are mine:

• Future Log
  • Recommendations/Things to Try
  • Movies Watched
  • Books Read

And that’s it! I’d love to hear any spreads you can’t live without at the beginning of your bujo, especially any crafty related ones.

2 Likes

I need to get back to my bullet journal! I started to become less and less into it when the pandemic hit and totally stopped using it last summer. I was working from home all the time, then I went back into the office parttime and for a while life was so crazy I didn’t actually have any spare time to invest in keeping order.

I had two weeks off now and I really needed that time. First downtime I’ve had in a while. I’m also starting my last semester of law school in February (I dropped out when the pandemic started) plus a fulltime job + in person things like sewing groups are starting up again. I’m setting up the following spreads to keep track:

• future log. I used to do 12 months/2 pages but that was way too little space. My diary is full months in advance. I will do 3 months per page this time.
  • financial tracking - I have tracked my savings for years and years and will continue to do so in the next year. I find myself tracking less and less because my finances are less precarious than they used to be but it’s still good to see progress on things like savings, retirement and student loans. I like to flip through my old logs when I feel not so motivated to see how much progress I’ve made.
  • grad school progress - grades and credits.

I don’t have craft-related spreads yet but I feel I need those in my life!!

1 Like

I track craft things on a monthly basis to see what projects I sew and how much fabric I use (I love stats, even when they are pointless). I need to knit more this year, but I don’t finish those projects very frequently but that may be what I do with the extra page that materialized in my beginning of the year set-up. I rarely craft with a deadline or plan beyond a week or two out, so monthly suits most situations.

1 Like

I got a new bullet journal today! I’ve used one for years but got out of the habit due to Covid and having a job where I’m not supposed to take notes home.

I’ve really tried working with the digital tools my office has, I’ve tried to make Excel sheets for productivity, but nothing beats a physical journal. So today on my lunch break a I bought a Filofax refillable notebook with tabs, a pack of lined sheets and a pack of dot grid sheets.

After the first tab is dot grid paper, and I just drew a first attempt at a week planning spread. On the left side I’m keeping a weekly log with work-related appointments, on the right side are different categories for to-do’s with boxes I can tick off.

After the second tab is lined paper where I can keep notes from meetings.

My notebook is a nice raspberry colour but other than that it’s plain. In my previous job I frequently got comments about how inappropriate it was to be “writing in my diary” at work even though it always lay open on my desk at my weekly log, I didn’t do anything at work except tick off todo’s and they only saw the cover when I put it in my bag. My current coworkers are nicer but to avoid confusion I still picked a book that looks more like a notebook and less like a personal diary full of secrets.

7 Likes

There’s really no substitute for paper lists for lots of us - the satisfaction of crossing things off is hard to beat.

Sorry your previous coworkers were so rude about your previous notebooks. The new crew sounds much better, but even then there shouldn’t be any confusion between a filofax and a diary. Filofaxes have been part of the background of office life for years so people should be used to just ignoring them.

2 Likes

We do have a productivity tool that includes to-do’s, but it wasn’t customizable. I made custom Excel sheets but those take so much time to change, just drawing what you want is easy.

In my previous job, my coworkers were all much older and mostly men, and also much wealthier. Looking back, they held some prejudice about women in the workplace and as a young woman, and not really the corporate type, I really stuck out.

In my current workplace people are much more relaxed. I haven’t seen anyone using a bullet journal but having a purple notebook on your desk isn’t something people would register.

1 Like