Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

Are they the drawings from the teatowel you printed for me? You should do more fish drawings/paintings, they look so good!

1 Like

Thanks K :heart: Yes, they are the ones from that print.

I really enjoyed seeing you guys!!!

Since I had prepped a page ahead of the meeting, I did two pages. I didn’t finish them as I don’t have any images yet that I want to use…I will save them for later if I don’t chop them into other pieces…

The circles on this one are actually cardboard trash tags…I might put something in them
purple junk2

I really love this process because it makes me see “junk” in a new way…I also want to use up more junk mail and paper “trash” …

8 Likes

Oh wow, everyone’s pages are amazing. I am sorry I had to miss this one. But we did get some floor laid on our porch. Taking tomorrow off to lay down some more fir. If I can get out of bed in the morning. Art journaling is a bit less taxing.

Great session everyone.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see what you do with them! Did you stamp the white lettering? I feel like I need a white ink pad… :thinking:

Yes…it is Stazon White Permanent Ink…I liked what @geekgirl did with hers so I did it as well…I have lots of ink colors but I find I use mostly black and white…and you can buy refills and re-ink the pads!

1 Like

Ah, yes. I saw her show that to everyone but it’s hard to follow the convo when 2 of us are almost constantly using the heat tool, lol. I miss a lot!!

1 Like

here is mine. I really like the white stamping. I don’t think I would use burlap scraps again. they just absorbed so much paint to get them covered.

a couple of close ups

before the paint

I prepped ahead of time so I could do 2 pages. looking at this pic I was like this looks unfinished but I realize now I didn’t do any white splatters, circles or stamping. I may go back and do that.

the before.

and an ATC I made while I was at it.

6 Likes

@photojenn this looks great. love the yarn and the teeny tiny white circles

@Abbeeroad great colors. those stickers are cool and I like your text stamping. the leaf is awesome!

@jemimah I love how moody those colors are and the drippy effect you got!

@Bel Love the fish!!! and I like the words in the circles. this is great!

@AIMR those circles would make great spots for focal images/words. So much texture!

3 Likes

I love your ATC!! And yes, the white stamping is super cool. I’m def going to explore that.

I love that you took a pre-painted pic. We all should have done that!

We used some orange netting from a bag of clementines. It was tricky to get to stick down and it melted a little from the heat tool, but I really liked the texture of it in the end. I love the drywall tape!!

1 Like

Oh and I forgot to mention I really love the little bundle! I will have to look for your post on that and play around with it myself.

@geekgirl…thanks for showing what items you are using before gesso…I have some textured shelf liner and also some textured wallpaper languishing in the garage!

I also noticed that many of the spreads line up the junk more orderly than I did…I like that look better because it calms the chaos, it seems…I am going to try a couple more …I also think unrolling some toilet paper tubes would make for interesting junk…and I have tons of business cards from my corporate days…

I really like the fish you did @Bel! The blocky background is a nice juxtaposition with the soft curvy fish!

@jemimah…black drips…I am with @Abbeeroad…I am going to try that instead of white drips!

1 Like

It was on craftster but i found the link on the wayback machine

https://web.archive.org/web/20191204074215/https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=457754.0

4 Likes

I need to learn the wayback machine! I know I missed so many cool posts because I was not into paper crafting much back then!

Those are so cool…I kinda do the same thing with fabric scraps and have a box of embellishments that I use for other projects…you would think translating from fabric to paper would be easy, but for me, it is like starting over! Thanks for sharing…they are wonderful!

Thanks for linking that. Not only do I remember being super inspired by that project, there was also a link to one of my favourite scrappy book projects made for @JoyfulClover. Wow, seeing those photos brought back some memories.

3 Likes

That was also one of my favorites! All those tiny fabric patches…

@Abbeeroad I love all of the textures you used and the blending of the orange and pinks. Do you have leaves for texture or is that a stamp?

@jemimah I’m obsessed with your style! (Seriously, if you ever want to swap I’m there!) I love the guy on the right and you’ve got some great highlights and framing with the white and black.

@Bel your fishes are perfect for your spread! You’ve got some great textures and I love that you can even see the embossed word “top” from one of your pieces of “junk”.

@AIMR I love the oranges and purple together. The meshes you used for texture go great with your splatters making for that grunge feel.

@geekgirl I love the depth to your page! The gelatos really bring out the texture and the white ink is a perfect addition. And it looks like we picked the same phrase :joy:

2 Likes

I just want to suggest that if anybody is looking for ways to use these beautiful pieces, they would be awesome cut up as card fronts for Happy Mail!

4 Likes

lol That is what I did with three of my past Zoom pieces! lol…They looked way better as smaller pieces!

I’d like to say - one of my favorite things about this thread, other than the meetups themselves, are when people talk about how they created the pages, what they liked/didn’t like, and the feedback from others. It creates a wonderful sense of community and really helps me to learn (ohhh, that’s how you did that! ahhh that’s what people’s eyes are drawn to, I’ll pay more attention to that part next time, etc). And yes, the sound effects are required :joy:

4 Likes