Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

I would love some tips on composition if you’re willing to share with us! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Me too!

1 Like

Oh for sure!! I will have to dig it out though … I think I know where to look …

1 Like

Does anyone on this thread want some dress pattern paper? I am weeding through all of my sewing patterns and have decided I don’t want them anymore…they are not in good enough condition to sell or use for sewing anymore…too many tears, pinholes, etc. but they would be good for journaling, etc.

Just PM me with a note if you want some and let me know how much…even if you just want a “sheet” or two, I would be happy to mail it to you!

I love using pattern paper but I have a nice amount.

1 Like

I was just about to throw it all into the recycle bin…thought I would offer first…I figured you would have plenty…lol…

Since you’ve got an envelope for me already, I’ll take a sheet if it fits!

1 Like

lol it will fit…happy to add it with the other items I have accumulated!

1 Like

So pretty!

When’s the next craft along?

3 Likes

Hey Stationary - this is a craftalongs thread, so any time anyone wants to make and post their art journal (or papery) type items, feel free to post it in here! (There is no set date/time.) More details regarding this craftalong is in the top post.

If you’re asking about a zoom with a video, there isn’t one scheduled right now. They generally happen every couple weeks but are not on a set cadence.

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

Also, make sure you set this thread to ‘Watching’, so you will be notified of new replies - that way when someone decides to do a Zoom video you’ll see it in your notifications.

There’s some great videos and ideas in this thread, hope you enjoy looking through it in the mean time!

2 Likes

Thanks for further explaining! I had misunderstood and thought the zooms were the same as the craft-alongs, but I get it now. I’m excited to participate in all options!:relaxed:

2 Likes

You can also suggest one, we tend to work on a YouTube video together. If you find something you would like to work on, then feel free you suggest a video and a time

1 Like

Tbh, I haven’t watched many at journal videos, as I focus mainly on junk journals and bujos, but this will be awesome to try something new. Are there certain days/times that work best for people, taking into account we’re global here. I’m in PST, but could use Google for GMT if it’s preferred.

Welcome! I like switching it up and doing various time zones, both to give everyone a chance to attend around the world, and to see how it feels to create at different times of day/night. It seems like a lot of us have weekends open, though of course it does vary at times.

2 Likes

I would like to honour the life of Eric Carle. May we all get to make art until the age of 91 too!

5 Likes

Look at all this pattern paper @AIMR sent me! (That I should have photographed against a less samey background.) Thanks, Linda!

3 Likes

Ooh, lovely pattern paper!

It’s not exactly in my art journal, but I’ve been mucking around with my paints and stuff a lot. Here’s a couple of 4x6 cards…

This group has really inspired me to try lots of new ideas and techniques, and it’s given me lots of things to incorporate into other bits of art and making. So thank you all of you :smile_cat:

11 Likes

I love them, your birds crack me up, they are just brilliant

1 Like