Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

bahaha well good thing I cannot paint if my life depended on it! I’m more the abstract, shapes, free form, was that a mistake or happy accident kind of paper crafter!

2 Likes

I tend to like to create with circles. I am finally watching Bird Box (read book ages ago), and playing with tube watercolor overlapping circles, then some black acrylic circles, then white acrylic circles.

13 Likes

ohhhh thats pretty!!!

2 Likes

I was inspired by your watercolor circles and played around a bit tonight. I think I might doodle in them later

10 Likes

Ooh, I love the effect of yours! The blues I’m drawn to especially. I’m bit obsessed today!

14 Likes

I finished from yesterday, and made more envelopes.

To stay in the spirit of art journaling, I think I will glue my scraps from these into my new mixed media journal and do something - not sure what yet.

1 Like

Okay, so I am brand new to art journaling. I bought a mixed media book. I have two pages of art. Now, to decide what/how I want to journal.

First, I glued in scraps from my watercoloring.

Then, I switched pace and oil pasteled.

I know I want something positive in this pastel one, but I gotta figure out what.

I’m not sure what to do with the other page. Ideas?

10 Likes

You’re on a roll! There are no rules…Which can feel liberating or confounding depending on the day. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Keep trying stuff out in the new book, and if you don’t like a page you’ve filled up, just cover it with a new layer and start again on top of it! I also really like the idea a few folks have shared of making a book of techniques, paint color swatches, etc., for reference.

Oh, and join in an art journaling Zoom and watch past technique videos shared - even if some seem far out of your comfort zone, just going through the motions of what the video seems to be doing leads to some pretty amazing happy-accidents and lessons learned, and the speed of it builds the habit of just diving in, letting intuition lead and not overthinking. If they use supplies you don’t have, you improvise whatever substitution is on hand and it is fine (or better)!

5 Likes

I don’t know if this is of interest to the group members - it seems next level to me.
I saw it on Andrea Chebleu/A Work of Heart 's Instagram

3 Likes

Interesting. I feel like I have been trying to find my own “voice” in my crafting/art for a while. I am going to sign up! Can’t hurt!

1 Like

I slowed down a lot on Junk Journal January, but here are a couple of more-recent pages.

12, quote

24, junk mail (cut from a mailer too big to tip in…)

Why didn’t I fashion/leave room for a hyphen?! :woman_facepalming:t2:. It’s fine. It’s fine.

7 Likes

This page was done “under the influence” of (inspired by the work of) Kim Dellow

Edited to add a brighter picture

16 Likes

I love it!! I just discovered a bunch of her videos! I want to try one soon!!!

2 Likes

Thank you! I think I was also unknowingly influenced by the seed pod art journal zoom we did last year.

3 Likes

oh I like her videos, they look fun.

Anyone free Sunday 2pm Eastern time for art journaling?
7pm London time
11 am Pacific time

• Count me in

0 voters

3 Likes

February Prompts

• pink or red
  • something recyled
  • torn edges
  • chevrons
  • lettering

lets see what you can come up with!

5 Likes

Yes please! :raising_hand_woman:

3 Likes

I’m going to have to declutter my space. And this looks like the urging I need to do it!

3 Likes

I will try if I get stuff done on Saturday. She has A LOT of content on YouTube. Sometimes I just listen to her speak - love that British accent!

3 Likes

I’m going to try to make it to this one! I’m finding that working to videos isn’t super my thing, but since this one is basically a free-for-all I might be okay :laughing: .

5 Likes