Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

I slowed down a lot on Junk Journal January, but here are a couple of more-recent pages.

12, quote

24, junk mail (cut from a mailer too big to tip in…)

Why didn’t I fashion/leave room for a hyphen?! :woman_facepalming:t2:. It’s fine. It’s fine.

7 Likes

This page was done “under the influence” of (inspired by the work of) Kim Dellow

Edited to add a brighter picture

16 Likes

I love it!! I just discovered a bunch of her videos! I want to try one soon!!!

2 Likes

Thank you! I think I was also unknowingly influenced by the seed pod art journal zoom we did last year.

3 Likes

oh I like her videos, they look fun.

Anyone free Sunday 2pm Eastern time for art journaling?
7pm London time
11 am Pacific time

• Count me in

0 voters

3 Likes

February Prompts

• pink or red
  • something recyled
  • torn edges
  • chevrons
  • lettering

lets see what you can come up with!

5 Likes

Yes please! :raising_hand_woman:

3 Likes

I’m going to have to declutter my space. And this looks like the urging I need to do it!

3 Likes

I will try if I get stuff done on Saturday. She has A LOT of content on YouTube. Sometimes I just listen to her speak - love that British accent!

3 Likes

I’m going to try to make it to this one! I’m finding that working to videos isn’t super my thing, but since this one is basically a free-for-all I might be okay :laughing: .

5 Likes

Yes!! Monday morning is a public holiday here, so I will be able to art in my new pyjamas :art: :coffee:

7 Likes

I think I can be there; keeping going on one page for an hour, no matter what, sounds like a fun challenge! And the accountability to keep going will be helpful.

If you really don’t want to lose something you do early on in the process, lightly stick a cutout piece of plastic or masking tape over what it is you like, so you can take it off after other layers have built up. But wait until the surface is really dry before putting down or peeling off a mask! If your tape is really sticky, put it on your shirt and pick up some lint before putting it on the paper, to cut the likelihood of it taking too much art away with it later.

9 Likes

Okay, I think I can do this one, doesn’t look too difficult. Now to get the courage to actually do it with others.

6 Likes

I might join in if I can find my tablet in time… :thinking:

4 Likes

Masking is a clever idea!

2 Likes

I previewed the video quick and am really looking forward to this one! It looks really fun. I also really like her color palette and am currently trying to restrain myself from buying more paint :joy:

2 Likes

Today’s art journal page for week 4 of Wanderlust. I used a piece of masterboard from @megwell for the birdhouse. It feels a bit incomplete so I might keep adding to it.

15 Likes

I love it just as it is. A peaceful winter scene

3 Likes

^what she said!

3 Likes

The texture, the fantastic use of white space, the spot of red. It’s lovely.

2 Likes