Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

That’s gorgeous. I love the colours

2 Likes

I’m traveling this weekend so won’t be able to join. That technique and your version @jemimah - so lush and wonderful. I just invested in a small palette of good watercolors - I think one that @photojenn recommended? Winsor & Newton - and will definitely give this a try as soon as I can!

2 Likes

I got that set as well and can vouch for the awesomeness!

I am excited to play with them again. Especially since the first time I didn’t realize I was supposed to pull out a small amount to mix my own palette. D’oh! Thanks for the tip in the zoom class @jemimah! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

@jemimah is awesome at this one :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My February page - pink, torn edges, chevrons, lettering, and a bit of a cheat for recycled - art from New Years Eve art marathon, one line face a la Sarah Trumpp.

7 Likes

MARCH PROMPTS

Grid or squares
Quote or phrase
Your favorite animal
Embellishment made from a master board
Something shiny
Postage stamp/s
Edited to add - Masking tape

Have fun!

6 Likes

Oooh I love it.

1 Like

Can you add me to the maybe list of tomorrow’s people so I can get the invite? I don’t know what I’ll be doing, and I don’t have all the things, but I did promise myself I would try to join in some of these.

(I did splurge on POSCA pens though. And, that was before reading this.)

2 Likes

go ahead and just click yes on the poll so I don’t forget

2 Likes

Ok! Done.

1 Like

Today’s page for week 9 of Wanderlust. This week’s theme was texture utilizing modeling paste and image transfer. I forgot her tip about mixing in white with the modeling paste to make it more white so mine came out far more gray than I would have liked. If you look closely, you can see some star tissue paper that @geekgirl used to wrap some of my gifts in the 12 Days of Christmas swap :slight_smile:

14 Likes

It was great seeing everyone this afternoon!

Here’s my page

14 Likes

I’m so glad I finally got to join one of these.

My page went from “eh” to “hmm, I kinda like it” with the black borders!

Thanks for hosting, @geekgirl. Good to see everyone!

12 Likes

Now that I can see it more closely, I really like the small white doodles you have on the edges of some of your blocks!

1 Like

Laura, I like yours!

Fun to see everyone :smiley:

2 Likes

13 Likes

You know I love that bird in the corner! :bird:

2 Likes

I love how they’re all different. I think next time I will try and leave some negative space between the squares like she did, mines right up against one another. But, the black outline idea was great and helped a lot!

12 Likes

Yes! I can see everyone’s so much better! They all look fantastic.

Here are mine!

I made one a card and added lettering to the bottom like the one jemimah made for magpie.

I’m definitely going to play around with this more!

14 Likes

I love how you finished off the first one with lettering and turned it into a card!

1 Like