Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

No, neither of those ideas crossed my mind … that’s why I need the experts to help :smiley:

1 Like

I just realized my last page followed a March prompt … embellishment from a master board (two of the flowers were punched from a painted master board)

2 Likes

My March pages

The dress on the paper doll is a paint-y master board and it’s hard to see in the photo but there is gold paint and masking tape on the dress too. Grids/squares, quote, favorite animal (birds), and postage stamps. I think that’s everything.

Does anyone else want to make a list of prompts for April?

9 Likes

After saying I wasn’t going to buy any more of Alisa Burke’s classes, I picked up her flower journal class on sale for $10 a couple weeks ago. I thought flowers were specific and different enough from her other stuff. While it is still a bit “more of the same” I am enjoying the different focus.

I tried out abstract flowers yesterday. It is a bit square to fit at least one of the March prompts, right?

10 Likes

She makes it easy to buy more with her frequent sales. I considered it myself.

Your page is so bright and cheery!

2 Likes

A little bit early…APRIL PROMPTS by @Abbeeroad

Geometric shapes
A face
White space
Splatters
The color green

Have fun!

3 Likes

I kept meaning to post this earlier in the week -
Any one up for art journaling Sunday at 2pm Eastern time?

This video is good because he shows you how to just use random objects to make abstract art.

Supplies:

• various types of paper for collaging (book, music, ledger, etc)
  • adhesive
  • a scraper - cardboard, credit card, spatula, etc
  • gesso
  • acrylic paints
  • damp cloth
  • things for texture
    • sponge on roller with rubber bands
    • the roller on your brayer wrapped with twine
    • wall paper
    • corrugated cardboard / coffee sleeve
    • bubble wrap
    • block wrapped with twine (I used a stamp block)
  • paper and pencil and scissors to cut out stencil/masks
  • paint brushes
  • stamps and ink
  • bottle caps/ pen lids/ empty paper or tape rolls
  • something to make marks - oil pastels, inks, gelatos, etc.
  • I’ll be there!
0 voters
3 Likes

Aw! I will miss this one, but I’ll try to still do it on my own and share. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been thinking all week that I should post to see if anyone wanted to do a zoom this weekend :slight_smile:

Looks fun, and a way to play with ALL of the supplies lol.

1 Like

I was thinking this week I’m missing zoom sessions and here you post one.

3 Likes

Anyone else want to art journal tomorrow? Link is 4 posts up

@Edel @jemimah @BeesKnees @calluna @megwell @Cyn-energy

1 Like

Maybe? I’ll click yes but may end up bowing out.

2 Likes

I’ve said yes, but I might not be able to make it. My daughter has her graduation for her Master’s in just, and we’re having a few people around for food. If they are gone, I’ll jump on. Otherwise I’ll just keep on being the hostess with the mostest

5 Likes

I’ll join if I can - I’ve been having a very pressured time at work the last few weeks, but I think I could do with a little art break. And, I miss you guys :smile:

6 Likes

Plans changed - I’m in!

5 Likes

We miss you too! Hope you can make it.

3 Likes

I’d like to but we spent the entire day out of the house & tomorrow I gotta sew. I feel the itch to stitch!

Have fun y’all :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for tagging me :slight_smile: I need to sit this one out though. Hopefully I can make it to the next!

3 Likes

Not going to join today after all … finally have a beautiful day and I just can’t sit inside. Another snowstorm forecast for tonight and tomorrow so gotta get outside while I can.

4 Likes

I’m also going to sit today’s out, but I look forward to seeing everyone’s results!

3 Likes