Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

I was experimenting with homemade texture paste and a stencil, and I really can’t tell you which recipe one this was. I used a variety of techniques from one of our Zoom sessions last year. Acrylic paint, alcohol inks, and a roller were all involved.
This was actually cut from a bit larger piece to fit the card. I did mail it as soon as I got home.

1 Like

I did the exact same thing - mailed the card but left the gift on my desk at work!

Love that serene blue card…

1 Like

I really love how accessible this feels. I would bring this with me. And I don’t have enough words for how much i love the fabric and the lace and doilies.

Is the eyelet binding a known thing? I’m going to google to find out.

Edit. I absolutely have one of those tools. In with my sewing stash.

1 Like

No, I didn’t come up with it. I found it in a YouTube tutorial for binding a journal (maybe not a junk journal) that I think was several years old and now I can’t find it to give you a link - sorry! The paper bag cover is a 49Dragonflies tutorial, but she did not do the eyelets.

1 Like

I’ll check out that dragonfly tutorial! Thank you! I have some good fabric I might use. AFTER i finish my swap stuff! : )

Here is the link for the eyelet tool thing.

Voting is now open for the inspired along challenge, see the entries and vote here

There’s another Dina class next Saturday, May 14, called Ditch the Brayer. I think it’s about using a paintbrush to apply paint to the gel plate, rather than making a smooth coat. I’m thinking about it…

1 Like

Quick junk journal page for the poetry workshop I went to last week. Just my name tag from the event, the sticker off the notebook I got, and a list of some of the poets/books the facilitator recommended (on the notebook paper, natch).

ETA: Just now noticing the photo apparently didn’t upload the first time :woman_facepalming:t2: .

2 Likes

Y’all will love this faux rice paper tutorial. The results are really gorgeous.

I made this last weekend - it comes out SO COOL. I used freezer paper as the release paper (she used a cereal liner) and it worked great

1 Like

Very cool! What did you use? And now, what will you do with it?
I’m most interested in the sewing pattern paper, I love that stuff. & the cheese cloth.

I used… sewing paper patterns! I have some really awesome tissue paper that I want to make next. It is dark, and 49Dragonflines didn’t like the way the dark came out, so I am prolly going to wait to make it until I have some space in my crafting schedule before I bother. I have like 6 projects to finish before I should start something new

Word, sister. So many projects, lol.
She did one with cheese cloth on top of tissue, that could lighten dark? Or tint the glue with white paint for a milky wash. Or a layer of white tissue under or over top maybe.

1 Like

Had a little Sunday funday session with the girls today:

We followed this video.

11 Likes

fun pages!

Here is my page for the May prompts

10 Likes

Anyone up for an art journaling video this Sunday? I am open to time and video!

2 Likes

I think I can.

I’ve had my eye on this vid for a while…but hope others suggest more! I don’t have gold leaf so would prob skip that part…

3 Likes

I think I’ve done this video a long time ago. I’d love to do it again!

2 Likes

I’m in! My art-mojo seems to have completely disappeared the last few weeks, I could use some group arting time.

2 Likes

Ok lets do this Sunday! Same time as usual.

Supply list:

• black gesso/paint to prime page
  • book page / random paper cut into circles
  • adhesive
  • various paints: white, greens, purples, blues
  • paint brushes
  • palette knife, silicon scrapper, or old credit card
  • stencil - she used one that is supposed to resemble clouds or waves. I may cut my own out of paper.
  • paint or gel pens
  • gold leaf. I dont have any so I will either skip or maybe dry brush some gold paint
  • sentiment, if desired

Art Journal Zoom Sunday May 15 at 2pm Eastern time

• Count me in
0 voters

tagging in people who participated or shown interest this year!
@BeesKnees @Edel @calluna @Cyn-energy @marionberries @AIMR @Abbeeroad @photojenn @Cindy @Lynx @goatgoddesss @jemimah @megwell @reinikka @bugaboo @Lynx @magpie

2 Likes