Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

Y’all will love this faux rice paper tutorial. The results are really gorgeous.

I made this last weekend - it comes out SO COOL. I used freezer paper as the release paper (she used a cereal liner) and it worked great

1 Like

Very cool! What did you use? And now, what will you do with it?
I’m most interested in the sewing pattern paper, I love that stuff. & the cheese cloth.

I used… sewing paper patterns! I have some really awesome tissue paper that I want to make next. It is dark, and 49Dragonflines didn’t like the way the dark came out, so I am prolly going to wait to make it until I have some space in my crafting schedule before I bother. I have like 6 projects to finish before I should start something new

Word, sister. So many projects, lol.
She did one with cheese cloth on top of tissue, that could lighten dark? Or tint the glue with white paint for a milky wash. Or a layer of white tissue under or over top maybe.

1 Like

Had a little Sunday funday session with the girls today:

We followed this video.

11 Likes

fun pages!

Here is my page for the May prompts

10 Likes

Anyone up for an art journaling video this Sunday? I am open to time and video!

2 Likes

I think I can.

I’ve had my eye on this vid for a while…but hope others suggest more! I don’t have gold leaf so would prob skip that part…

3 Likes

I think I’ve done this video a long time ago. I’d love to do it again!

2 Likes

I’m in! My art-mojo seems to have completely disappeared the last few weeks, I could use some group arting time.

2 Likes

Ok lets do this Sunday! Same time as usual.

Supply list:

• black gesso/paint to prime page
  • book page / random paper cut into circles
  • adhesive
  • various paints: white, greens, purples, blues
  • paint brushes
  • palette knife, silicon scrapper, or old credit card
  • stencil - she used one that is supposed to resemble clouds or waves. I may cut my own out of paper.
  • paint or gel pens
  • gold leaf. I dont have any so I will either skip or maybe dry brush some gold paint
  • sentiment, if desired

Art Journal Zoom Sunday May 15 at 2pm Eastern time

• Count me in
0 voters

tagging in people who participated or shown interest this year!
@BeesKnees @Edel @calluna @Cyn-energy @marionberries @AIMR @Abbeeroad @photojenn @Cindy @Lynx @goatgoddesss @jemimah @megwell @reinikka @bugaboo @Lynx @magpie

2 Likes

If anyone else has video suggestions we can do it next time!

2 Likes

I’m so happy to see this. I’ve been having a rotten time at work lately, and starting my Monday morning with art and you lovely friends will be good for my soul :sparkling_heart: Looking forward to seeing you all :smile:

6 Likes

Ooh thanks for the heads up @geekgirl I’ve some friends coming around earlier in the day, we’re doing wedding crafting for one of their weddings, but I hope to be finished by then.

Re gold leaf, and in my capacity as craft supplies pusher, it’s actually really cheap on AliExpress. You just need the leaf and size (go for brand you know in your local craftstore) it’s fun to experiment with.

This is one of hundreds of suppliers.

Of course it’s no good for this week, but fun to have in hand.

@jemimah I’m sorry to hear you’re having a tough time at work. Hopefully we’ll help put a smile on your face

2 Likes

I’m dedicated to planting the veggie garden this weekend…hmmm, maybe I should apply art journaling techniques to the layout. Fun.

I’ve actually tried being more artsy about planting a veggie garden, but it’s not efficient with our space and multitude of veggies. But it’s my dream.

Oh I want to join so much but not sure if I can. We possibly have another commitment at the same time. I’ll be there if those plans fall through.

I think I’m going to sit this one out–maybe next time.

I can join if I get an invitation

Just sent!

1 Like