Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

@photojenn great minds, I did the black and white foliage too, it looks great on yours

@Lynx I’m so glad you joined us, I love the black around your squares.

@Cindy that’s lovely, I really like the stamping.

@Bugaboo I agree with you on the negative space, but yours still works, the colour choices are great.

@Abbeeroad those are fab, I love how your doodles round the squares, and the text is perfect.

I have to confess I struggled a bit with this one, I think I started too dark and then the addition of crayon really killed my posca pens. I shamelessly copied @Magpie with the finer lines to outline the shapes. These are mine.

15 Likes

I was looking at your name on zoom, racking my brain to figure out who you were on LC … duh, that’s why it seemed familiar since I’ve seen and written it on letters. Nice to make the connection.

I like the colours bumped together and your stamps.

3 Likes

Your bottom one is nicer because it’s not so dark. I didn’t like the crayon either because nothing would go over it.

1 Like

LOL I know I always struggle with screen name vs real name for some! I’m getting better the zooms really help!

2 Likes

Everybody did such unique work, I just love that.
Thanks for hosting Carlee! Nice to see folks :slight_smile: .
Mine are not finished but I need to not look at them for a few days so I can come back with fresh eyes.

Then I got out the gelli plate & made more mess, fun fun!

Also not finished but putting them away until next weekend.

10 Likes

When I had Homerof2, I put that and my real name on zoom, now it’s easier since they are the same.

3 Likes

This computer gets used for so much you’re lucky it didn’t say Jason or the kids names when I signed in LOL I always forget to change it! I think I used it last for a PTO meeting so it actually showed up as me though they get interesting too because people are obviously using a spouses names

2 Likes

I love seeing everyone’s take on the video!

The 2 I did during the video I think I did too small and were just too busy. And some of the stamping bled.

I did a 3rd one with bigger squares

14 Likes

Today’s PSA - Dick Blick has 120ml tubes of Amsterdamn acrylic paints on sale for $3.71/tube! They’re usually around $5.50 on sale.

3 Likes

Oooo, I really like your 3rd one. No stamps that time? Doodles FTW!

@Edel - I don’t know what you’re talking about - I love both of these!!

@Magpie - these are great, even for being unfinished! And I love the gelli marathon results. So much color!

2 Likes

I love everyone’s different versions!!

I finished off my ones with a little coloured pencil, white gel pen, and word stamps.

15 Likes

They are lovely, especially the third one

2 Likes

The watercolor pages are beautiful and so cheery and spring like. All of them! I am sorry I missed this session, but I was out in the woods enjoying the weather.

1 Like

Here’s a page I made last night during my local craft meetup zoom.

12 Likes

Oooo…very cool!

1 Like

Love all the pages you made during the zoom! Thank you for sharing them. I will have to look out for the next one - 2pm EST works in the UK for me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s so beautiful! The trees, and the sky. Love it.

1 Like

Today’s page from the Creative Stretch Warmup. I might go back in and add doodling to the circles.

10 Likes

My page for the second day of the Creative Stretch Warmup

8 Likes

@geekgirl your tree painting is fantastic! so luminous and evocative

@photojenn I just love seeing all the amazing pages you’re doing! I really like the vibrant paint layering in the last one.

2 Likes