Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

My supplies are at the ready, but I won’t be able to join in either- too much school work to get done. :frowning: I thought I’d be ready in time, but it’s taking longer than planned. We don’t have classes on Wednesday, so Tuesday night I can make my page!

3 Likes

I didn’t make it because sleep fell upon me unexpectedly, and I’m only now starting to crawl out from it. :sleeping: My apologies!

3 Likes

Thanks for the fun journalalong today! Here’s my final. It looks less like someone threw up on it after the final steps. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I love the drips and splatters and how misty and atmospheric it is!

1 Like

Thanks for this morning ladies! Always a great start to the day :kissing_heart:

Love that @Kwality570! Birds are always a great choice

Here’s my work this morning. Believe it or not I stayed clean until it came time to pack up, now my hands are covered in ink and paint :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Thanks @geekgirl for organising such a fun session!

I really enjoyed doing this video with you all :heart: :art: this is my one …

I thought the DIY black and white doodles was a great tip, I’ll definitely do that again.

10 Likes

Fabulous! I especially love the colours and the little dots under the eyes!

2 Likes

I really like the fog like quality that many of you got…maybe the white used like this gives it that ethereal feel…just love it…and, I do like how using an animal changes up the whole feeling as well!

Always love seeing the colors and how each person uses what they have one hand as well…thanks for a lovely afternoon and great end of the weekend for me!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh! Love it!
Your colour choices are great :grinning: did you paint that panda?!

2 Likes

I also loved those dots under the eyes…and the use of magazine pages…nice job, @PrincessP

1 Like

Thanks :grinning: It’s a collaged panda from an old calendar, but I painted over it loosely with white and dark blue to make it look more painterly. I think painting over it helped to integrate the collage into the page.

3 Likes

Good point with painting over it with like colors!

2 Likes

11 Likes

Ooh so vibrant! I love how well your colours work together and the energy in the doodles!

1 Like

I love how you’ve made your eyes a part of the piece :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here’s mine. I did leave some white space.

10 Likes

Here’s my page. I’m realizing going between the eyes with white might have helped them seem more a part of the page. I’m also thinking maybe a slightly bigger page would help, this book is 7x9” I think.

I really like the bottom left half of this page, I want to explore that more.

8 Likes

Thanks everyone for joining in. It was fun!

@Kwality570 it looks like a landscape. I love it!

@PrincessP I love the bold colors you used and all your dots. and good job on all the white space!

@jemimah gorgeous! Love the panda! And I agree about the b&w doodles. Making my own collage sheets is something I really like doing.

@curiousfae great scribbling and doodling! Love the colors.

@photojenn did you add more stamping? I think it looks great. And I like all your white and scribbles.

2 Likes

@curiousfae I love the eye embellishments!

@photojenn Your eyes look haunting! Perfect!

My bird was already peepin!

8 Likes

I like my page better now that I added splatters…seems like splatters unify these colors! I am not sure I am a white space person, but it is fun to try different things and learn how to do more things with what you have on hand!

10 Likes